Windows 10: What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?

Discus and support What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (It won't let me post on r/techsupport. So sorry, but I need this: my laptop means the world to me.) So, my Windows 10, Acer laptop is doing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRedBluScout, Dec 28, 2020.

1. What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?

(It won't let me post on r/techsupport. So sorry, but I need this: my laptop means the world to me.)

So, my Windows 10, Acer laptop is doing that glitch where it just constantly restarts. Now, I followed a YouTube tutorial on how to fix the issue. And it worked- well, almost. I cannot do anything because there are no Administrator accounts on the PC. Am I fucked, or is there something I can do?

submitted by /u/TheRedBluScout
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRedBluScout, Dec 28, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 28, 2020
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?

Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop?

1. What to do if there are no Administrator accounts on my laptop? - Similar Threads - are Administrator accounts

2. My administrator account was deleted but the computer still uses it, what can I do?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My administrator account was deleted but the computer still uses it, what can I do?: I have lost my microsoft account, and I can't change one because it's my administrative account on all of my computers. When I woke up I saw that the mail of the account was changed to a diffrent and unrecogniseble mail, what can I do? I've tried to log in with my phone...
  3. My administrator account was deleted but the computer still uses it, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My administrator account was deleted but the computer still uses it, what can I do?: I have lost my microsoft account, and I can't change one because it's my administrative account on all of my computers. When I woke up I saw that the mail of the account was changed to a diffrent and unrecogniseble mail, what can I do? I've tried to log in with my phone...
  4. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  5. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  6. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. no administrator account on laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    no administrator account on laptop: I had a windows 10 laptop connected to a corporate domain and had a domain user as the administrator. This was a new laptop for a new user. The windows is 10 enterprise. I was about to hand it off to the new user when I was informed that the user was not a domain user and...
  8. What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...: What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will become the administrator then? Because when I try to change my accounts type it says that account A (administrator account) is still the administrator when I supposedly change account b to...
  9. What is the password for the default administrator account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the password for the default administrator account?: Ok so I keep trying to log in to my admin account but I don't know what the password is and I have never changed it so I believe its the default administrator password....
  10. my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do?: my laptop doesnt have an administration what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration/0fcf0dbe-a6f1-47d3-98a2-1e0c8d951dbe