Windows 10: What to do in recovery options to reset your PC

Discus and support What to do in recovery options to reset your PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10 I want to reset my PC becoz it isn't working well I want to reset my PC and keep files I've done it in 8.1 too and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kushagra Lamba, Aug 21, 2020.

1. What to do in recovery options to reset your PC

I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10

I want to reset my PC becoz it isn't working well

I want to reset my PC and keep files
    I've done it in 8.1 too and it's hard to do in win 10..
    The help me choose doesn't help at all

Just tell me what to do
    I want to keep my files..
    I don't know what cloud or local recovery is..
    I don't know any other option..
    Just pls anyone tell me in brief all the details of recovery options and tell me fast how to reset my PC
    *If anyone can't explain all of the things... just tell me exactly what to do to reset my PC normally.. with my files being kept

Thank you

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No "Reset This PC" option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Where exactly are you looking for the Reset this PC option?
    • Were you able to successfully clone the drive?
    • Could you please provide more clarity on, “On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position”?
    • Were you able to get the Reset this PC option by following the steps mentioned in the article provided by you?

If you wish to reset the PC, there are multiple ways to do it. You may want to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Reset or reinstall Windows 10

However, please reply with the details requested above to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 21, 2020
  4. What to do in recovery options to reset your PC

Could not find recovery enviroment, Windows RE Image not found, missing troubleshoot options

Hi,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under Use a recovery drive to
    restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

What to do in recovery options to reset your PC

1. What to do in recovery options to reset your PC - Similar Threads - recovery options reset

2. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: After a clean install of windows 11 in my Asus laptop there is no reset this pc option in the advanced start upRecovery Menu. Usually there would be two options inside the troubleshoot menu of the advanced start up. But now there is only one , the "reset this pc" option is...
  3. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: After a clean install of windows 11 in my Asus laptop there is no reset this pc option in the advanced start upRecovery Menu. Usually there would be two options inside the troubleshoot menu of the advanced start up. But now there is only one , the "reset this pc" option is...
  4. No option to Reset PC Recovery drive Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to Reset PC Recovery drive Boot: I am using Windows 8.1 on broken laptop. I have successfully created a USB recovery drive using another laptop. I manage to load OS from USB on broken laptop. It asks for my keyboard settings. I click English. I then click Troubleshoot. It takes me to Advanced options. None...
  5. No option to Reset PC Recovery drive Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to Reset PC Recovery drive Boot: I am using Windows 8.1 on broken laptop. I have successfully created a USB recovery drive using another laptop. I manage to load OS from USB on broken laptop. It asks for my keyboard settings. I click English. I then click Troubleshoot. It takes me to Advanced options. None...
  6. What recovery option was this???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What recovery option was this???: Hello, not sure if this is directly related to the topic, but my & a friend have been trying to figure out how to fix their PC for hours, and then his roommate comes in & fixes it immediately with some recovery feature which i've never seen before. Is this a windows thing, or...
  7. "There was a problem in resetting your PC" - Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "There was a problem in resetting your PC" - Windows Recovery: I want to reset my computer but there is a message saying "Required file are not trusted. The files certificate may have expired or the files might be modified by others." How can I fix it? Device: Dell Inspiron 15 3567 Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 20161.1000 [IMG]...
  8. What is the meaning of reset this PC option????

What is the meaning of reset this PC option????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well....
  9. What is reset this PC option?????

What is reset this PC option?????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  10. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

"Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: Hello, I have reset several Lenovo T480 laptops for my organization using the option below: [ATTACH] This screenshot came from a laptop running Windows 17763.437 When I go to the laptop I'm trying to reset I only have the following in the menu: [ATTACH] This laptop...