Windows 10: What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

Discus and support What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; A few days ago my computer suddenly did not boot to windows and no matter how many times I have tried to force to reboot it just did not boot. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tsw88, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

A few days ago my computer suddenly did not boot to windows and no matter how many times I have tried to force to reboot it just did not boot.

It's really a pain.

I've heard about terms like Ghost, Macrium Reflect, or system restore. However, I never did that.

The terms are quite confusing to me.

My question is

1. Is there any way provided by windows 7 or windows 10 itself to restore everything when system error occurs or in my case, does not boot? If like my case (does not boot), how can I restore everything? Is it a flash drive?

2. If there is no way provided by windows 7 or windows 10, which third party software is the best and widely recommended to do this job? Is it a freeware?

:)

Tsw88, Feb 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 27, 2019
  4. What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

Can't activate windows after clean reinstall

It sounds like you did this:

• Install Windows 10 as upgrade from previous version
    • Clean install Windows 10 again

The clean install will not activate if the original "upgrade install" didn't get activated prior to the clean install. What needs to happen is this:

• Install Windows 10 as upgrade from previous version
    • Activate Windows 10
    • Now you can clean install anytime without activation problems

I believe that step 2 got skipped. It should activate on it's own after several hours/days, but if you do a clean install before that's done (or don't manually activate yourself first), you will have to go back to step 1 and upgrade from inside your previous
    qualifying version (yes, that means re-installing Windows 7 or whatever you had before).

Please don't shoot the messenger What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows :)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

1. What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows - Similar Threads - next clean reinstallation

2. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  3. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  4. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do next: so I have updated Microsoft money to 2005, but still candt get VAT to work, ticked all the boxes, and vat entry box shows on transaction but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-next/5cb90712-b760-4dcd-94a3-6df936f4815f
  5. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do next: so I have updated Microsoft money to 2005, but still candt get VAT to work, ticked all the boxes, and vat entry box shows on transaction but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-next/5cb90712-b760-4dcd-94a3-6df936f4815f
  6. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What to do after reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do after reinstalling Windows?: I just finished solving my issues with my computer stuck on a Bluescreen loop. I believe it was caused by a corrupted Windows. I don’t want this to happen again, so what should I do to prevent it from happening again? If I do need to do an update, what should it be? I was...
  8. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  9. not sure what to do next

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    not sure what to do next: I have an older Dell Inspiron 1545, I bought it used. I downloaded workstation Player, but do not know what to do after I install vmware Workstation player. Will vmware work on my system, I am running Windows 10 pro 32bit on my laptop. I can't go any further until my first...
  10. What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do next, after clean reinstallation of windows: A few days ago my computer suddenly did not boot to windows and no matter how many times I have tried to force to reboot it just did not boot. It's really a pain. I've heard about terms like Ghost, Macrium Reflect, or system restore. However, I never did that. The terms...