Windows 10: what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop

Discus and support what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not tech savey and have no Idea what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop. Please inform me what cords I need to buy to be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rin_Rin, Oct 29, 2018.

1. rin_Rin Win User

what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop

I'm not tech savey and have no Idea what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop. Please inform me what cords I need to buy to be able to have a split screen with my laptop and computer monitor.

:)

rin_Rin, Oct 29, 2018

2. Computer Ventilation and Desk

I planned on putting it on the desk top, itself. If it will fit, that is. I mean... I could put the desktop on our old sewing machine as it is open, but really wanted to leave it on the new desk.

Jesse Williams, Nov 11, 2018
  3. CountMike Win User
    Computer Ventilation and Desk

Yes, it probably will (when it's on even at idle) if you are talking about a desktop computer. Laptops on the other hand produce less heat but are also more susceptible to heat.

CountMike, Nov 11, 2018
  4. what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop

using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop

1. what to do to connect my desk computer monitor to my laptop - Similar Threads - connect desk computer

2. My monitors won't connect with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitors won't connect with my laptop: I use 2 AOC monitors and use a DisplayLink dockFirst my issue was that at first when I connected to the monitors it would work fine but when I unplugged my laptop from the dock it wouldn't work unless I unplugged and plugged the power in again.So here's what I tried:I tried...
  3. My monitors won't connect with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitors won't connect with my laptop: I use 2 AOC monitors and use a DisplayLink dockFirst my issue was that at first when I connected to the monitors it would work fine but when I unplugged my laptop from the dock it wouldn't work unless I unplugged and plugged the power in again.So here's what I tried:I tried...
  4. How do I monitor what ips my "router" is connecting to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I monitor what ips my "router" is connecting to?: I know how to see what ip's my PC is connecting to. I want to do the same for my router. (Lynksys EA2700) In my router control panel I block specific ips for specific devices, and I have static ip's for every device on my home network. What I'm trying to accomplish is to...
  5. Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop: Hello everyone, I recently bought a monitor to be able to increase my productivity while programming on my laptop. As soon as I set it up and connected it to the laptop it went into "Power Saving Mode". I read on some sites that this is because my laptop is not sending...
  6. connect monitor to my dell laptop

connect monitor to my dell laptop: how I connect monitor to my computer? the monitor did not display nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-monitor-to-my-dell-laptop/b2817c37-c996-4fab-967b-304704115f80
  7. What's my computer doing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's my computer doing?: If my computer is idle for even a minute I can hear the drive working - as a read/write cycle is taking place - and stops the moment I move the mouse . It almost feels like I'm catching someone with their hand in the cookie jar. [ATTACH] This happens regardless of what...
  8. Cant connect my monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect my monitor to my laptop: After I restarted my laptop it says no signal on my 2nd monitor. When I try to change the project settings it just goes back to pc screen only. submitted by /u/darkname324 [link] [comments]...
  9. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop: I have a HP Envy x360 and I need to connect 2 monitors to it. I also purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station. I have connected it all but still cannot get both external monitors to work....any advise??...
  10. What do I need to connect a 4th monitor to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What do I need to connect a 4th monitor to my laptop.: I have a Dell studio 1558 laptop, upgraded to 8GB and a 500gb ssd drive. I connected one 24" monitor via VGA, one 24" using VGA to USB adapter, and one mobile monitor using USB. I tried to connect a 4th monitor using the HDMI port, but when I connect it, the monitor on the...