Windows 10: What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported?

Discus and support What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can play video on my windows media player on windows 10 but I don't know why I can hear no sound in any video. What might be the reason? My Email:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohammad Warish Ansari, Dec 19, 2018.

1. What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported?

I can play video on my windows media player on windows 10 but I don't know why I can hear no sound in any video. What might be the reason?

My Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Mohammad Warish Ansari, Dec 19, 2018

2. 2630 supported video codecs

can someone explain what video codecs are supported in this phone?

thanks

overclocker---01, Dec 19, 2018
  3. video codecs

Hi,

Unlike the desktop Windows Media Player on Windows Mobile does not support plugable codecs. So you cannot install codecs on Windows Mobile. Instead you look for video players that support the codecs you need.

Chris De Herrera, Dec 19, 2018
  4. What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported?

58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

Hi Kraig,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted codec files. To help us identify the cause of this error, we would like to know the following information:

• Which app are you using to open and play your media files?
    • Have you installed any codec packs on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and install the
    official Codec packs from Microsoft
    . These packs can correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported?

1. What to do to open a video if the codec is not supported? - Similar Threads - open video codec

2. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  3. video codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  4. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  5. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  6. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  7. ?Codec? to watch video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?Codec? to watch video: I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help me to put this on my computer please....
  8. Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10: A couple of days ago, Microsoft released AV1 video codec app for Windows 10 devices. The application can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for free. AV1 Video Codec extension is available for free and you can get it on all Windows 10 devices including the PC and Surface...
  9. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Google Chrome AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being...
  10. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the...