Windows 10: What to do when windows 10 wont accept the right driver?

Discus and support What to do when windows 10 wont accept the right driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this is a original windows 8.1 unit. G585 lenovo. All drivers update from windows update but the wifi driver keeps showing realtek inside of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by radzer0, Sep 30, 2015.

1. radzer0 Win User

What to do when windows 10 wont accept the right driver?

So this is a original windows 8.1 unit. G585 lenovo. All drivers update from windows update but the wifi driver keeps showing realtek inside of windows 10 but it is a atheros. I have the proper driver but because the date is prior to the windows 10 driver it keeps trying to use it will not accept it. Any ideas?

:)

radzer0, Sep 30, 2015

2. What do I do if Windows 10 installer won't accept my product key?

I do not have a separate copy of windows 7. It came installed on my computer which has the Microsoft product key sticker on its side. When I enter the product key, windows 10 will not accept it. I did a clean install and don't have the copy of windows
    7 to reinstall so I can install windows 10 over it. What can I do to activate windows 10?

RobertBlyth, Sep 30, 2015
  3. What do I do if Windows 10 installer won't accept my product key?

This is the same boat I am in. I have keys for both windows 7 and 8 that I have purchased but no disk. After clean installing windows 10 I am unable to use my keys.

Now I am being told I have to uninstall 10, find a disk from someone, reinstall 7, upgrade to SP1 then reinstall 10? What is going on here? Please let me know when Microsoft gets a work around up and running, as this is majorly inconvenient.

How many times to I have to reinstall windows before I can use my computer again...

Graeme Bannerman, Sep 30, 2015
  4. radzer0 Win User

Nevermind just delete this post. I read on microsofts site that there is some bug that will be fixed with update 1. Untill than were hosed on this specific model wireless chip.

radzer0, Sep 30, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you extracted the drivers to a folder, in device manager right click on the wifi adapter, click update driver software, then browse my computer...., then let me pick from a list...., then have disk, then browse for the .inf file within the extracted drivers folders?

NavyLCDR, Sep 30, 2015
  6. radzer0 Win User
    Yes I have, it is persistant that the driver installed is better than the proper driver.

radzer0, Sep 30, 2015
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    You could try:
    Turn off Windows Automatic Driver Update.
    1. Search : Device > choose: Device Installation Settings
    2. Select: “No, let me choose what to do”
    3. Uncheck: Always install the best driver software from MS

Then go to Device Manager and uninstall the WiFi Adapter, when asked say yes to removing the driver also.
    Restart and then install your correct driver.

8. radzer0 Win User

It's the one that comes in the install disk I need to get rid of not a Windows update one. I know there is a way to get into the driver storage and delete it but even with 15 years of it experience. That's one of the few things I've never been able to do right.

radzer0, Sep 30, 2015
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    If you uninstall the device and the driver and restart you should be left with a non functioning device (yellow (!) next to it), unless Windows installs a driver automatically.
    If Windows is finding the wrong driver from the disk in the Driverstore and installing it, then turning off automatic driver installation should stop that.

Have you tried uninstalling the device and driver?

10. radzer0 Win User
    Yes I have. I even found a post on the Microsoft support forums where Microsoft doesn't even have a solution right now to the problem just an it's coming soon answer after they went thru about 20 steps. It appears that no matter what Windows doesn't want to take the driver for that specific hardware id.

radzer0, Sep 30, 2015
  11. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Could you link to the post?
    That is a huge gaffe if it is common.

Thema:

1. What to do when windows 10 wont accept the right driver? - Similar Threads - wont accept right

2. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 PC wont accept my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my windows account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-accept-my-password/b269ec90-9011-44a9-b1e7-b77bbccdf04d
  3. My windows 10 PC wont accept my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 PC wont accept my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is my windows account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-accept-my-password/b269ec90-9011-44a9-b1e7-b77bbccdf04d
  4. What to do when Microsoft sign in will not accept correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when Microsoft sign in will not accept correct password: I recently experienced a power failure which resulted in shutting off my desktop p c computer. Once power was restored and the pc powered on, the Microsoft sign in page required just a password, which I provided. The problem is, it does not accept the correct Microsoft...
  5. What to do when Microsoft sign in will not accept correct password

What to do when Microsoft sign in will not accept correct password: I recently experienced a power failure which resulted in shutting off my desktop p c computer. Once power was restored and the pc powered on, the Microsoft sign in page required just a password, which I provided. The problem is, it does not accept the correct Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 wont accept my camcorder

Windows 10 wont accept my camcorder: Hi All,I have windows 10 installed on my laptop but when i put the software on from my sony handycam it wont accept it. I need XP or lower in window versions. How can I get the windows XP capabilities but keep windows 10...
  7. Driver is not accepted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver is not accepted: Hello. I have installed a driver for my MIDI controller. Now when I connect it to the computer it is being recognised as a device that uses that driver, but it is not working - in device manager it says: "This device is unable to start code 10 Insufficient system resources...
  8. Windows 10 is locked in and will not accept password what can i do

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is locked in and will not accept password what can i do: I attempted to remove Avast Free Antivirus with their uninstall utility. This put my Windows 10 computer in safe mode but it will not accept my password. I have tried changing to Safe Mode with Networking but this does not work. How can I get out of safe mode? As you can...
  9. windows 10 wont accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 wont accept my password: I KNOW i am entering the correct password but at the start up log in the computer will either restart, crash or tell me I have the wrong password. When I go into the restore or repair, it tells me it cant....
  10. wont accept password

in Windows 10 Customization
    wont accept password: wont accept password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-password/af3d63d1-a6be-4f43-9a83-13efa7620b8e