Windows 10: What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

Discus and support What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The title "What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS Update In Years?" pretty much says it all. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoaringHigh2061, Jul 18, 2019.

1. What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

The title "What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS Update In Years?" pretty much says it all. The topic has recently come to light because of a post I posted yesterday where a person replying was asking about if the Drivers and BIOS were all up-to-date and according to the Drivers Page for my computer; as well as Windows Update and Device Manager they are.

My laptop (Notebook) computer was made by HP (Hewlett Packard) and is an HP Pavilio g7-1310us Notebook PC. HP has said to not use any Generic Drivers or BIOS Updates because they modified the Drivers and also the BIOS and that to use the Generic versions that are provided by those Device Manufacurters would interfere with their modified versions. The fact here is that I have screenshots of that will prove this that I have taken on my iPad searching the HP Website and namely the page for my laptop from Driver Updates and a BIOS Update; but the truth of the matter is that screenshots will prove is: "HP hasn't released any NEW Updates for Drivers or BIOS for the HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC in years"; when I say years I mean like almost 3 - 4 years ago was their latest updates for this computer and these updates were the same for both the Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions of this computer.

The HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC is able to run Windows 10 yet even though I personally talked to an HP Support Representative before upgrading to Windows 10 when it first came out they said that they weren't offically testing the HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC on Windows 10 but they did say they work. I was also told that Windows Update would be providing all of the Drivers Updates from now on as well as the BIOS Updates. This has obviously proven to be a big fat lie on HP's part because only a few drivers have been included through Windows Update and also through Device Manager. The large majority of the fact is there hasn't been any updates for any of the Drivers and even the BIOS for YEARS for the HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC and I really don't know what to do about this especailly since Windows Update and Device Manager should be able to get the EXACT Drivers and their Updates that I need. Especially when the Manufacturer Websites for Driver Updates aren't that easy to navigate when looking for the 100% correct Driver Updates.

The fact here is every time I run Windows Update all I either get is regular Security and Cumulative Updates from Microsoft and the Feature Updates when they are rolled out; but there is NEVER any New Driver Updates or even a BIOS Update for my computer; the HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC. This further gets worse when I run Device Manager to look for New Driver Updates Online for every single Driver on the HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC just to get the message: "Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed. There may be better drivers on Windows Update or on the Device Manufacturer's Website." Yet as I said on those Device Manufacturer Websites it is hard to find the EXACT Drivers and their Updates when there are strict specific drivers and the wrong update would be bad for them.

(Even though its out of order; we'll start these 17 screenshots with the LAST BIOS Update):

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 8facbd0f-c562-49a1-9abb-08afe0157bf6?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 0284d58b-33f2-449b-8c6a-1ddd4bb5c059?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 30fb7212-2e09-4c2b-a1ad-d367f9050bbc?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... e4bbe8b0-5dab-4a27-8c11-7073c9366250?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... daeb9dbc-51cf-4e80-9dfd-15da5abb3912?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 28ff0f05-cf96-41c8-aae1-39da825c1ce1?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... ad601147-ef3f-4c45-81cb-503863969761?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... ec081866-0e81-4850-ba3f-9e5a76d94ece?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... d8bbadb7-9450-44d4-bfbc-32e49b9bf637?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 2a64b7a8-2429-4f89-bdfa-32cde369ad02?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 24f009be-6a33-4dba-8ef7-7252b00417d4?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 08acb044-af13-4953-997b-a5176eb36eb3?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 9d07c364-1446-4ae3-9a76-072fd0866a96?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 7e62041e-a45d-489d-ae10-701d7d7ab6dc?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 282c9fc2-a799-4d12-a9eb-6ac32fdd2779?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... c7260c3a-f7f9-4774-a73c-90853fdde6da?upload=true.png

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... 4405b71c-3dc1-44b9-be79-a80b324a3746?upload=true.png

I have run Third Party Driver Updating Software and they have said that there are NEWER Driver Updates available yet these Updates aren't even available through Windows Update or Device Manager so I haven't trusted them whatsoever and thus haven't downloaded them at all for if they damage my computer I am then stuck with trying to get the right Driver again. These Third Party programs were "Driver Talent" and "TweakBit Driver Updater" and I have screenshots of the Drivers both of these programs have said need to be updated. These were both ran on April 11th, 2018 for Driver Talent (4 Screenshots) and on April 13th, 2018 for TweakBit Driver Updater (6 Screenshots).

:)

SoaringHigh2061, Jul 18, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jul 18, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 18, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

1. What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS... - Similar Threads - Computer Manufacturer Doesn't

2. What to do if audio driver doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if audio driver doesn't work?: Hi,Recently my laptop's audio driver RealTek stopped working. I've tried multiple fixed to no avail. I'm now wondering if I can download an alternative audio driver or if wireless headsets would work with my laptop. For reference, my Bluetooth earbuds do work with my laptop....
  3. What to do if audio driver doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do if audio driver doesn't work?: Hi,Recently my laptop's audio driver RealTek stopped working. I've tried multiple fixed to no avail. I'm now wondering if I can download an alternative audio driver or if wireless headsets would work with my laptop. For reference, my Bluetooth earbuds do work with my laptop....
  4. What to do if audio driver doesn't work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What drivers do you use for updates? From computer manufacturer or Windows update or?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What drivers do you use for updates? From computer manufacturer or Windows update or?: Had to do a clean install of Windows 10 due to blue screen issues, freezing, etc. Still having some freezing issues and from what I have read it is probably a driver issue. Where do you download the drivers? I was using windows update until last night I downloaded Intel...
  6. PC not showing BIOS manufacture

PC not showing BIOS manufacture: My pc not showing BIOS versions,manufacture or anything i havent done to my pc besides in the previous days i have reinstalled windows. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-not-showing-bios-manufacture/16d80a8d-d97d-4e4c-9e8f-7e8b9cc920c9
  7. Update 1903 doesn't supports new bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 doesn't supports new bios: After updating my bios to the latest version. I m facing some difficulties such as driver state power failure ... I check my all driver are good to work having no yellow exclamation mark i.e no faluty drivers were found.I also turn off power saving mode but nothing...
  8. How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?: I had thought Hewlett Packard was pretty honest. But in one sense, at least, I have caught them acting like hucksters of the worst sort and downright SHILLS for McAfee. And I don't appreciate that. There is this message that occasionally pops up in my HP Support Assistant...
  9. Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates

Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates: Ok I have posted earlier that my lenovo conexant audio driver with dolby speakers acts faulty with windows update 1803 (No sound output) and i have been having no luck contacting their support as apparently support now is only granted within warranty span in my region . Now...
  10. Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers: I got my Dell Inspiron laptop this past Christmas and the graphics driver installed for the A8-7410 APU w/Radeon R5 Graphics is from 2015. So is it the norm for Manufacturers to just install custom divers from the past and never update them? I have no issues I'm just a little...