Windows 10: what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you...

Discus and support what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got fortnite and I started it the game the it told me that I need DX11 but I I had DX12 so what should I do Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanielOlaleye, Jul 30, 2020.

1. what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you...

I got fortnite and I started it the game the it told me that I need DX11 but I I had DX12 so what should I do

Thank you

:)

DanielOlaleye, Jul 30, 2020

2. Fortnite not Running With DX12

I have a problem. My Fortnite is not running. When I run it, it tells me that it fails to find hardware with DX11. But when I checked DirectX Diagnostic Tool, it showed I had DX12. How can I run Fortnite?

HyperKing372, Jul 30, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

@Burgurne,

If the game is only DX11, then even if you have a DX12 GPU (video card), and a DX12 OS (Windows 10), the game will only run is DX11 as that the mode the game was designed to run in. In order to run in DX12 mode you need 3 things....

• Game must be a DX12 title
    • GPU must be DX12 capable
    • OS must support DX12
    If any of those things at missing, the game will run in the lowest DX mode available to the lowest item. In your case it appears the game is only DX11 capable, so your DX mode will be 11. Also be aware that the DX API is backwards compatible, which means DX12 can play older DX games - 8 - 11 for example. That even though the OS is DX12 capable, doesn't mean a DX9 title is automatically elevated to DX12.

Here's a list of DX12 supported games - List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW What is the game title in question?

sygnus21, Jul 30, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you...

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

Don't know what those files are or what they represent, but I do know the game is listed as a DX11 game as noted in the system requirements. And if the game was DX12 capable, it would allow you to enable it as shown is the game Deus EX: Mankind Divided Settings for example....

what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you... [​IMG]

That said, I'm sure the game is utilizing some DX12 functions, but that doesn't make the game a full DX12 title. At the end of the day, I can not give you a definitive answer to the purpose of those files, I just the know the game is listed as a DX11 title, and has not of yet been patched to DX12, which was the case for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in my example.

The bottom line is you can not enable the game to run in DX12 mode if the game developer hasn't supported it. It's up to the game developer, not the other way around. Sorry.

sygnus21, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you...

1. what to do when your fortnite shows you that you don't have dx11 but you have dx12 and you... - Similar Threads - fortnite shows don't

2. Showing you don't have permission to view this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing you don't have permission to view this file: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows explorer while trying to view photos in an internal Local disk D. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images....
  3. Showing you don't have permission to view this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing you don't have permission to view this file: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows explorer while trying to view photos in an internal Local disk D. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images....
  4. Have tried for days with and without your HELP. don't know what you changed but you forgot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have tried for days with and without your HELP. don't know what you changed but you forgot...: Think my QUESTION should be pretty clear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-tried-for-days-with-and-without-your-help/d8540f50-7b47-4251-96da-5855b4e4d4a1
  5. Have tried for days with and without your HELP. don't know what you changed but you forgot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have tried for days with and without your HELP. don't know what you changed but you forgot...: Think my QUESTION should be pretty clear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-tried-for-days-with-and-without-your-help/d8540f50-7b47-4251-96da-5855b4e4d4a1
  6. Have tried for days with and without your HELP. don't know what you changed but you forgot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. What do you if you encounter Phishing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you if you encounter Phishing: What you encounter is Phishing, it usually shows when you are browsing in internet. Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic...
  8. What happens if you do not have a power button on your computer, and you turn on: Do not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happens if you do not have a power button on your computer, and you turn on: Do not...: What happens if you do not have a power button on your computer, and you turn on: Do not turn off power after a system shutdown starts, and then you power it off? If that happens, and someone has this problem, I will copy and paste your Answer....
  9. Do you have a number?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do you have a number?: In my opinion, Microsoft laptops should have numbers. Anyone agree? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/do-you-have-a-number/cb01e2bb-d952-4422-99d1-d462959bbaa2
  10. When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?: I have an original win 7 disk. I remember to I can't remember if I used it to upgrade to 8.1 or I bought it full version. I know I did it from the store. Then 8.1 I got the free upgrade to 10. I am thinking to install 7 on a laptop. Is there a way to know if my original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. You do not have permmision to play fortnite