Windows 10: What to do when your PC shows a black after update

Discus and support What to do when your PC shows a black after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After a system update my screen went blank. I tried restarting it but the power button light just keeps blinking and now thing comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yhudiee, May 27, 2020.

1. Yhudiee Win User

What to do when your PC shows a black after update

Hi,

After a system update my screen went blank. I tried restarting it but the power button light just keeps blinking and now thing comes on. What should i do.

Thanks.

:)

Yhudiee, May 27, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What to do when your PC shows a black after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 27, 2020
  3. Marivel Man, May 27, 2020
  4. What to do when your PC shows a black after update

Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, May 27, 2020
Thema:

What to do when your PC shows a black after update

1. What to do when your PC shows a black after update - Similar Threads - shows black update

2. What to do when your account is hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when your account is hacked: My account on Microsoft has been hacked. I just noticed it today when I got on my computer and my name was something different with some Asian symbols as well. I went straight to the settings and looked at my info. I never noticed that my current security info has been...
  3. What to do when your account is hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when your account is hacked: My account on Microsoft has been hacked. I just noticed it today when I got on my computer and my name was something different with some Asian symbols as well. I went straight to the settings and looked at my info. I never noticed that my current security info has been...
  4. What can I do when my pc show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do when my pc show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your...: What can I do when my lapto show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to Effect. And my trackpad stop working and I can’t control my laptop again. Please help...
  5. What can I do when my pc show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What can I do when my pc show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your...: What can I do when my lapto show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to Effect. And my trackpad stop working and I can’t control my laptop again. Please help...
  6. What can I do when my pc show! Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. What to do if BitLocker locks your PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do if BitLocker locks your PC: Technical difficulty: AdvancedApplies to: Windows 10/11A detailed explanation of what Device Encryption is, can be found here: What is device encryption, and should I use it? - Microsoft CommunityBitlocker uses the same technology but has more advanced features.Why does...
  8. What to do if BitLocker locks your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if BitLocker locks your PC: Technical difficulty: AdvancedApplies to: Windows 10/11A detailed explanation of what Device Encryption is, can be found here: What is device encryption, and should I use it? - Microsoft CommunityBitlocker uses the same technology but has more advanced features.Why does...
  9. What to do when your PC shows a black screen after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do when your PC shows a black screen after an update: Hi, After a system update my screen went blank. I tried restarting it but the power button light just keeps blinking and nothing comes on. What should i do. Thanks....
  10. What do you folks do with your PC??

in Windows 10 Support
    What do you folks do with your PC??: Just started to wonder what do the members of this forum use their PC's for?? I use mine for the following things: 1 Programming in Python and Java.. working on my website(using PHP,CSS,HTML,JavaScript).. 2 Listening to SiriusXm.. 3 Occasionally watch a movie 4 Paying...