Windows 10: What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one.

Discus and support What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I made a picture file that says it was moved or renamed. It doesn't show in the picture folder and its icon is just the white paper icon. I made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CD1295, Mar 27, 2023.

1. CD1295 Win User

What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one.

So I made a picture file that says it was moved or renamed. It doesn't show in the picture folder and its icon is just the white paper icon. I made another one with the same name and its thumbnail shows and it's in the Pictures unlike the first one. Should I just remove the file saying it's moved or renamed in the Recent and go on about my day or is there something I have to do to really get rid of it?

:)

CD1295, Mar 27, 2023
  2. TomO'D1 Win User

Windows 11 file moving after renaming

In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with Windows 11, when I rename a file, and click on the next file, it follows the renamed file to the new position in the list. This is very annoying when renaming a batch of files.

TomO'D1, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Renaming or moving files

No am trying to move or rename a Word or Excel file. It is on my computer. I have rebooted and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I rename and move files often so I do not want to have to reboot every time I do so.

CharlesCSmith, Mar 27, 2023
  4. manintan Win User

What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one.

Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start

Guess win10 has defeated me in that aspect. Pressing the right arrow key everytime is now an extra step I do not welcome.

Also before if I pressed left instead of it moving to the front it moved left one space which is no longer the case in Win10.
    Checking on win7 this behavior is present but not sure if or how that behavior for renaming could be migrated to Win10, if it is a feature I would like to turn it off, or some module, I would like to unload it.

manintan, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

1. What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one. - Similar Threads - file saying was

2. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I tried:- Uninstalling...
  3. What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do with a file saying it was moved or renamed after making a successful one.: So I made a picture file that says it was moved or renamed. It doesn't show in the picture folder and its icon is just the white paper icon. I made another one with the same name and its thumbnail shows and it's in the Pictures unlike the first one. Should I just remove the...
  4. Renaming one folder renamed many other files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming one folder renamed many other files?: I made a new folder on my desktop today, and when I renamed it, it gave me some error pop-up (that I forgot to take a screenshot of), and when I dismissed it, many other files and apps on my desktop got renamed as well. I do not remember selecting any files on my desktop...
  5. Windows 11 file moving after renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file moving after renaming: In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with Windows 11, when I rename a file, and click on the next file, it follows the renamed file to the new position in the list....
  6. Windows 11 file moving after renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file moving after renaming: In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with Windows 11, when I rename a file, and click on the next file, it follows the renamed file to the new position in the list....
  7. Renaming folders makes files inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folders makes files inaccessible: I can create and rename files and folders, but whenever I change a folder name, any files within that folder become inaccessible. I get an error message that implies the computer is still looking for the file within the previous name of the folder. For example, if I had...
  8. What to do after renaming the user profile name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to do after renaming the user profile name ?: Initially i named my pc with space "firstname lastname" . I figured i should change it. After changing the name , i have problems running python and other programs which initially had the path with name with space . I tried changing the path manually in the environment...
  9. The move/delete/rename is not activate for one of my drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The move/delete/rename is not activate for one of my drive.: Hello experts, I have windows 10 on the Pavilion hp laptop. I suddenly noticed that I can not delete or move either rename any files in my D drive. Although all you can read them without any problem. I have to mention that I can do all this actions on my C drive. Please...
  10. Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start: I have noticed in Windows 10 in file explorer if I highlight then hit F2 then press the left arrow key the cursor shoots to the start of the file name. In Windows 7 in file explorer if I highlight a file and hit F2 then press the left arrow key, the cursor moves over one...