Windows 10: What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk

Discus and support What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Noticed this problem today. I have 1.54 free of 12.8 GB on my laptop. I never use Recovery D:, So I guess it automatically fills up when I save things?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CD1295, Apr 28, 2020.

1. CD1295 Win User

What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk

Noticed this problem today. I have 1.54 free of 12.8 GB on my laptop. I never use Recovery D:, So I guess it automatically fills up when I save things? How do I free more space without deleting and altering?

:)

CD1295, Apr 28, 2020

2. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Pinchy Win User
    XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk ;).

Pinchy, Apr 28, 2020
  4. What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk

Windows 10 recovery drive disks

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Windows Backup Recovery disks on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the error message you get with the disks?
    Suggest you to insert those disks in a different PC to check if you are able to access your data.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk

1. What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk - Similar Threads - nearly full Recovery

2. Disk Drive Nearly Full - Error in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive Nearly Full - Error in Windows 10?: I'm getting a message that my disk drive is nearly full. I found a similar article on this site, and they resolved it by clearing a dump file, but I can't find that in same location on my PC.I have a 500GB disk drive, and not using anything like that in storage. I've shown my...
  3. Disk Drive Nearly Full - Error in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Drive Nearly Full - Error in Windows 10?: I'm getting a message that my disk drive is nearly full. I found a similar article on this site, and they resolved it by clearing a dump file, but I can't find that in same location on my PC.I have a 500GB disk drive, and not using anything like that in storage. I've shown my...
  4. Disk Drive Nearly Full - Error in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Recovery Disk on pc is near full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Disk on pc is near full: my recovery disk is near full but I cannot access it to see what is on it. It just says 'Other' but uses up nearly the whole disk. I continually keep getting messages telling me that I need space but I have lots of space on my other disk and have no idea what is on this. What...
  6. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

Recovery Drive near full due to "preload": I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have no clue what to do about this. All other files arent taking up space unlike "preload" 13gb of a 15gb drive. What can I do...
  7. My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now?

My File History USB is nearly full - what should I do now?: I created my File History USB in May 2019. It's permanently plugged into my (E:) Drive and now has 2.01GB free, of 28.9GB. As it was completely new to me at the time - it was recommended by an expert here - I have several questions and would appreciate your help please:...
  8. What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the recovery (D) "other" folder? Why is it nearly full? (This laptop is brand new.): Why am I told there are no folders to show me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-recovery-d-other-folder-why-is-it/0984d2ee-433c-4bb0-9298-6a020efd3c55"
  9. low space disk full on recovery disk

low space disk full on recovery disk: Windows 10 I keep getting a message Low disk space on my disk drive that contains the recovery file How can I make the disk bigger so this message wont appear as it only has the standard $recycle bin on it and I think that this is what is causing the problem as it sometimes...
  10. Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?: I have Win 10 64bit. I was told that I need to create a bootable disk on a USB by someone in our local store. When I asked him how many GB's he said in the 20's. I did not buy it, but much later went back and a different guy said 28GB but I should get larger just in case....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my windows restore disk nearly full?