Windows 10: What to do with CMOS checksum error Win10

Discus and support What to do with CMOS checksum error Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I had this error prompted recently and couldn't start up my PC after I reset the BIOs to default settings.So, I reinstalled Windows 10 Home and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by куша, Apr 25, 2021.

1. куша Win User

What to do with CMOS checksum error Win10

Hi,I had this error prompted recently and couldn't start up my PC after I reset the BIOs to default settings.So, I reinstalled Windows 10 Home and things were fine and running. So I shutdown my PC and powered off the switches normally. Although there was a hiccup at shutting it down as I had to use my keyboard instead of my mouse to shutdown the PC It did shutdown in the end and I powered off the switch.This morning, I only turned on the power switch not the PC power button and the PC turned on on its own. I was very sure everything last night was shutdown and there wasn't any indicat

:)

куша, Apr 25, 2021
  2. method526 Win User

Cmos Checksum Error/ Cmos Checksum Bad???

so there was a CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR at the beginning of my problem. I decided to change the battery, and now i get a CMOS CHECKSUM BAD message and my problems still persist (BIOS/CMOS not saving, time and date are wrong and reset back to 2001 in november, and I STILL HAVE NO SOUND FOR SOME REASON!) is it time to move on to a new motherboard?

here's the backstory of my problem dating from a couple days ago:
    i recently installed a prolimatech megahalem into my rig yesterday (great cooler, btw), and i notice i have trouble booting up (sometimes) and restarting (if i restart from windows or if i do some bios changes). i dont know what the problem is, and i don't think a CPU cooler could really make such chaos. i'm lucky to be posting this (because i cant boot to windows sometimes), but i need a solid fix for this. i also lost sound and while trying to get vista to recognize soundcard or onboard, it doesnt. any ideas?

method526, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Cmos Checksum Error/ Cmos Checksum Bad???

the cmos is located near 5v battery or close to clear cmos jumper

The_Real_DeaL31, Apr 25, 2021
  4. paulmars Win User

checksum error

4 year old foxconn diy box.
    flashed bios successfully 3.5 years ago and everything was fine.

I have wiped HDD and reinstalled xp pro sp3 several times over the years. I decided that it was time again. Unplugged everything and air compressor blew out the box. plugged everything back in. On boot:
    cmos checksum error
    f1 run setup
    f2 load defaults and continue

Ive never seen this before.

f2 usually lets it boot into xp

f1 I make changes, but on reboot it gives me the same error. On entering f1 again I see that no changes that I make stick.

moved jumper to reset. Put jumper back and still have this issue. Battery was 3.08 volts. Still I tried a new battery. Still have the issue.

old install of xp getting slower and more buggy, so decided to reinstall despite this issue. Reinstalled xp pro sp3 and my other programs early last month. Its much faster now and not buggy anymore, however I still have the checksum error, not that I expected this to fix it.

ideas to fix checksum error??

tks,
    pa

paulmars, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. What to do with CMOS checksum error Win10 - Similar Threads - CMOS checksum error

2. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  3. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  4. Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing: Hii!I have a dell inspiron 545s pc running on windows 10. Recently, I have been encountering this cmos error after starting in my pc. It automatically turns off my CPUafter hitting f1 and when I start again it works as fine as ever. However, I have some concerns regarding...
  5. Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing

Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing: Hii!I have a dell inspiron 545s pc running on windows 10. Recently, I have been encountering this cmos error after starting in my pc. It automatically turns off my CPUafter hitting f1 and when I start again it works as fine as ever. However, I have some concerns regarding...
  6. Regarding CMOS checksum error -defalts loaded and windows update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Thermal shutdown warning and cmos checksum error after win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thermal shutdown warning and cmos checksum error after win 11 update: I have an HP omen obelisk i9 9900k rtx 2080 super with liquid aio cooling on CPU and Graphics along with an upgraded case with extra airflow, which was done a month ago. I did an update restart after getting the latest win 11 insider dev update on Oct 6/7th. While restarting,...
  8. Thermal shutdown warning and cmos checksum error after win 11 update

Thermal shutdown warning and cmos checksum error after win 11 update: I have an HP omen obelisk i9 9900k rtx 2080 super with liquid aio cooling on CPU and Graphics along with an upgraded case with extra airflow, which was done a month ago. I did an update restart after getting the latest win 11 insider dev update on Oct 6/7th. While restarting,...
  9. CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss: Hi, Just installed an update using the Windows Update and on restart of the computer after a number of failed restarts in which the computer kept powering up and down, it finally restarted but this was the screen I got - Please see attached picture....
  10. How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /: upon start-up I get the above message . also wants me to check BIOS setup I am using an hp Pavillion notebook that has been updated to windows 10...