Windows 10: What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

Discus and support What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Collie, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Collie Win User

What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of it is to delay it but it comes back. Any tips on how to be rid of this message ?
    Thanks

:)

Collie, Sep 2, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 2, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 2, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? - Similar Threads - update message doesn't

2. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?: I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of...
  3. what does MsMpEng.exe actually do???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what does MsMpEng.exe actually do???: All, I'm looking at some horrendous performance issues with our Windows 10 environment. Whilst the estate is old and low on resources in a lot of cases I don't think Windows 10 is helping matters. I'm using the usual tools (procmon, perfmon, task manager)to try and get to...
  4. What do I do about this message?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I do about this message?: I've gotten this notification twice and I don't know what to do. I've scanned my laptop under "Virus and protection" but it found nothing. There's nothing under "Threat History".[ATTACH] This is the image that appeared. The first time it had the google chrome image instead of...
  5. RESTART MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESTART MESSAGE: Hi, I have recently have been getting this message "Your computer needs to be restarted to finish setting up device: RapidSolution SCSI Adapter" every time I boot up. I have used the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problems. I have also googled the issue with no...
  6. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  7. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  8. What does Pin To Start actually do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does Pin To Start actually do?: Fresh installation of Windows 10. When I right click an app in the Start Menu (All apps) and select Pin to Start, nothing happens. Nothing about the Start Menu changes. I have multiple Pins but I see no change in the Start Menu. Note that Pin to Taskbar does work....
  9. Windows Feature Update doesn't restart.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Feature Update doesn't restart.: So, this notification pops out at the bottom right of my screen... [img] Since I have nothing in particular I want to do, I close and save all my work, and click "Restart now" The notification disappears, but the computer does not restart. About an hour goes by,...
  10. what does the battery saver actually do?

what does the battery saver actually do?: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly. Does it disable the auto update of programs? Does it make some apps and stuff not work? 28788