Windows 10: What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

Discus and support What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Collie, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Collie Win User

What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of it is to delay it but it comes back. Any tips on how to be rid of this message ?
    Thanks

:)

Collie, Sep 3, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 3, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 3, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ? - Similar Threads - update message doesn't

2. Update + Shutdown button actually Update + Restarts instead of doing what it's shown in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update + Shutdown button actually Update + Restarts instead of doing what it's shown in...: This is an absolutely non-sense in terms of UX, the main reason for UPDATE + SHUTDOWN is when I'm leaving the computer itself updating and starting to do something else in another place, when I've came back home, I've found my PC turned on asking for the password.I've seen...
  3. Update + Shutdown button actually Update + Restarts instead of doing what it's shown in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update + Shutdown button actually Update + Restarts instead of doing what it's shown in...: This is an absolutely non-sense in terms of UX, the main reason for UPDATE + SHUTDOWN is when I'm leaving the computer itself updating and starting to do something else in another place, when I've came back home, I've found my PC turned on asking for the password.I've seen...
  4. What does ai.exe actually do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does ai.exe actually do?: What does ai.exe actually do? Of what practical use is it? Why is my system forced to run it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-aiexe-actually-do/51fc11a4-953c-418a-8b7e-fca5ac645560
  5. What does ai.exe actually do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does ai.exe actually do?: What does ai.exe actually do? Of what practical use is it? Why is my system forced to run it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-aiexe-actually-do/51fc11a4-953c-418a-8b7e-fca5ac645560
  6. What do these REG Keys actually affect?

in Windows 10 Support
    What do these REG Keys actually affect?: Good morning. Does anyone actually know what these keys actually affect please [ the Dark Blue Ones ]. I know they have something to do with Privacy, Speech, Inking, and Typing etc . . . Thanks. 179313
  7. What can new Cortana actually do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What can new Cortana actually do?: I'm running 2004 build of Windows 10 in English (UK), and I tried telling Cortana 'remind me to do x', and it just responds with: 'I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.' I know there was a regression of Cortana features, but what can it actually do, besides telling me the...
  8. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  9. What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?

What does bitlocker ACTUALLY do?: So I'm thinking of encrypting my "C:\" SSD on my laptop so if its stolen no one could get on my files. But whenever I search how BitLocker works, ppl always talk about the encryption and setup process, but I want to know if I have a password on my Windows User Account and I...
  10. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?: I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of...