Windows 10: What To Do With Those Annoying DCOM Errors Event 10016

Discus and support What To Do With Those Annoying DCOM Errors Event 10016 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems that there are a lot of users that are experiencing DistributedCOM error Event 10016 including me as my System Logs looks like a crime seen at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonT5, Dec 6, 2018.

1. DonT5 Win User

What To Do With Those Annoying DCOM Errors Event 10016

It seems that there are a lot of users that are experiencing DistributedCOM error Event 10016 including me as my System Logs looks like a crime seen at time with all the red dots down the left side. I have racked my brain all across the net reading forums of different site that claim to solve this problem. Well I have found the solution to them. The solution is to ignore them and leave them alone as trying to fix them will only cause more problems for your computer and some can be quite nasty. It is always wise that before you do anything to try and fix a problem on your computer especially one like this that involves the registry to do and changing permissions of a file you should create a system restore point. Restore points are your friend in getting out of trouble. Below is the Microsoft link concerning these DistributedCom errors that I ran across. It has helped me by putting my mind at rest concerning these annoying errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server

:)

DonT5, Dec 6, 2018
  2. cadavid1 Win User

DCOM Error, Event ID 10016

Thank you - for others interested or having similar issues, please see the following post:

DCOM Error, Event ID 10016

cadavid1, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Ron6962 Win User
    DCOM error 10016

Well, I am bumfuzzled! I went in to my Event Viewer to take a look before applying the process referenced by Qwinn to fix the 10016 Dcom errors. There were no new ones, so I rebooted several times and still no 10016 Dcom errors! I don't know why, but I'm glad they are gone. Thanks to Qwinn and I will save your reference for future use, if needed.

Ron6962, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

DCOM event ID 10016 logged in Windows

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The 10016 events are triggered when a Microsoft component tries to access DCOM components without having permissions to access them.

These events can be safely ignored, they do not have any adverse effect on the functionality of your computer.

To get more information about this event ID, please refer to the article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...-10016-is-logged-in-windows-10-windows-server

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. What To Do With Those Annoying DCOM Errors Event 10016 - Similar Threads - Those Annoying DCOM

2. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash: Hi. I am desperate. My PC started crashing while I was gaming 5 min into a match and the only errors shown in Event Viewer are these I already deleted everything and it was fine for a couple of weeks but not anymore: The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  3. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash: Hi. I am desperate. My PC started crashing while I was gaming 5 min into a match and the only errors shown in Event Viewer are these I already deleted everything and it was fine for a couple of weeks but not anymore: The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  4. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DCOM error 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM error 10016: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user DESKTOP-COHA3TC\justi SID...
  6. Dcom error 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dcom error 10016: So I’m getting multiple dcom 10016 errors and I’ve taken the time to change all the permissions and all the steps to supposedly fix it but I’m still getting them come up. They are making my computer crash to where I have to restart manually. It’s rather frustrating so any...
  7. Dcom error 10016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dcom error 10016: So I’m getting multiple dcom 10016 errors and I’ve taken the time to change all the permissions and all the steps to supposedly fix it but I’m still getting them come up. They are making my computer crash to where I have to restart manually. It’s rather frustrating so any...
  8. Dcom error 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DCOM error 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DCOM error 10016: I'm told this is a rather common error after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have read many posts and suggested solutions, but I still get the error in the System Event Log when starting up. I suppose I could ignore it, as there does not appear to be any ill...
  10. Cortana and DCOM Error Event 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana and DCOM Error Event 10016: My PC was giving many DCOM error 10016 involving Cortana as follows: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...
Tags: