Windows 10: Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure

Discus and support Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure. Restart freezes with coloured screen showing date and time only. Occasional flashing of disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AngelaBoyd1, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure

Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure. Restart freezes with coloured screen showing date and time only. Occasional flashing of disk drive light but no further progress to Start screen.

:)

AngelaBoyd1, Aug 8, 2018
  2. FunEngine Win User

Win 10 improper shutdown

For previous versions of Win OS, if there is improper shutdown, a scandisk screen will come up after restart. However, in win 10 after improper shutdown, it just go right to Windows w/o prompting for a scandisk. Is this normal and why ?

FunEngine, Sep 25, 2018
  3. PranavMishra5582, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure

Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure

1. Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure - Similar Threads - Improper shutdown desktop

2. BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck: so my computer tends to BSOD or restart out of sleep mode or it will wake up on its own and shut down improperly with this bugcheck report. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000018, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000,...
  3. BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck: so my computer tends to BSOD or restart out of sleep mode or it will wake up on its own and shut down improperly with this bugcheck report. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000018, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000,...
  4. BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After some improper Or forced shutdowns due to power failure, I started getting blue screen...

After some improper Or forced shutdowns due to power failure, I started getting blue screen...: I am using windows 10 and after some forced shut downs I started getting blue screen errors, I updated the windows, reinstalled it with complete formatting of my disk c, but nothing worked, I ran memory diagnostic tool and it came with no errors, and used that scannow command...
  6. Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown: Hi! This is my first time with the forums. I have been experiencing an issue for quite some time. When I shutdown my PC it goes through all the usual things (shuts down usb periphs. monitors, etc) and then you would expect it to turn off right?; Except.. it doesn't..... not...
  7. Driver Power State Failure On Shutdown

Driver Power State Failure On Shutdown: Ok. So long story short. I was playing some games and noticed windows 10 had some new updates so I installed them. Suddenly none of my USB devices like mouse and keyboard are detected and when Inshut down AfterI get a BSOD with the error " Driver Power State Failure"....
  8. Reset failure because of power failure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset failure because of power failure.: About half way though resetting my HP laptop we had a power failure. The reset failed and the PC is stuck in a loop rebooting. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  9. Improper ShutDown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improper ShutDown: So, my desktop computer with Windows 10 installed has a problem shutting down properly. The usual process takes place and the monitor goes blank but the fans and lights on the CPU are still on. I have, to no effect, waited for more than 30 minutes hoping they'd go off...
  10. Laptop Improper shutdown when switched on below critical power level

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Improper shutdown when switched on below critical power level: I have configured my laptop to shutdown when the battery is 9%. But i did a normal shutdown when power was like 2 or 3%, but forgot to charge it. Today when i switched on laptop, it may have been with very little battery left (may be 1 or 2%). After using laptop for 2/3...