Windows 10: What to expect from Microsoft at Black Hat USA 2018

Discus and support What to expect from Microsoft at Black Hat USA 2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Black Hat USA 2018 brings together professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

What to expect from Microsoft at Black Hat USA 2018

Source: Attending Black Hat USA 2018? Here's what to expect from Microsoft. Microsoft Secure

:)

Brink, Aug 2, 2018

2. Microsoft patches 'black hat' Vista hack

Back in August, Polish researcher Joanna Rutkowska found a way to hack Microsoft Windows Vista. Joanna was able to bypass security measures on Windows Vista x64, which allowed her to install unsigned driver code. When Windows Vista RC2 was released, Joanna discovered she could no longer perform the hack. However, in the process of patching the flaw, Microsoft might have created some serious problems. Microsoft fixed the reported flaw by blocking write-access to raw disk sectors for applications that run in user-mode. This creates trouble for users trying run simple programs like disk editors, defragmenters, and recovery tools. Applications like that will now need signed kernel level drivers. And even with the flaw patched, it is still possible for a hacker to sneak malicious code onto legitimate and signed drivers. During the black hat presentation by Joanna, which was attended by several Microsoft employees, she pointed out two possible fixes for the flaw, neither of which Microsoft decided to use.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Aug 2, 2018
  3. john_ Win User
    Upcoming Hardware Launches 2018 (Updated)

I think it would have been better if it was shorted based on dates.

For example

2018 Q1_______
    AMD: blah blah blah
    Intel: blah blah blah

2018 Q2_______
    empty - nothing expected for that period

2018 Q3_______
    Nvidia: blah blah blah
    AMD: blah blah blah

etc.

PS
    A small mistake

john_, Aug 2, 2018
  4. What to expect from Microsoft at Black Hat USA 2018

Hass and Associates Cyber Security: HATS?

Black Hat

Grey Hat

White Hat

Hey can anyone help me to figure out what are those for?

My T-Mobile Nokia X2 was down (on and off) just a couple of days ago.

And everytime I open it up it appears to be in good condition but just in an hour it turns off itself.

It started when I download some stuff for my mobile and after that day my phone got sick.

It say "hass and associates cyber security : Hats" then blink some black,grey,and white hats.

Please anyone have an idea what is it all about and help me resolved this problem.I am perfectly clueless.

mildredhughes---01, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

What to expect from Microsoft at Black Hat USA 2018

1. What to expect from Microsoft at Black Hat USA 2018 - Similar Threads - expect Microsoft Black

2. What to expect from Windows 11 23H2?

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Windows 11 23H2?: Windows 11 23H2 is a major update that includes a number of new features and improvements. These new features are designed to make Windows 11 more user-friendly, efficient, and secure. Let's take a look at the update expected to arrive this fall. What's new on Windows 11...
  3. Email to Microsoft USA

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email to Microsoft USA: Dear All I want to send a complaint to Microsoft Head Office/HQ wrt poor support of MS Pakistan. Kindly send email of MS Head Office/HQ or the concerned ones in this regard. I will be obliged....
  4. Microsoft’s Top 100 Security Researchers - Black Hat 2018 Edition

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Top 100 Security Researchers - Black Hat 2018 Edition: This morning we are excited to unveil the security researcher leaderboard at the Black Hat Security Conference. This list recognizes the top security researchers who have contributed research to the Microsoft products and services. If you are curious on how we build the list,...
  5. What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update: Microsoft last month released Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Windows 10 version 1803 codenamed Redstone 4 will be pushed automatically to systems that are considered to be fully compatible in the coming weeks. By the summer, the update would become available for download on...
  6. What issues to expect?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What issues to expect?: I have Win10 Pro (in a VM) that hasn't been updated since last July and hasn't connected to the mothership since then either. If I decide to give it access to the Internet and run an update, what issues should I expect to have? Regards, 77034
  7. Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect: Here's my watch list for Microsoft's Build 2016 developer conference, based on the session list, tips and hints. Now that Microsoft has published its session list for Build 2016, it's apparent that cloud and IoT are going to be the big themes this year. Microsoft's...
  8. What to expect from Microsoft’s October 6th event

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Microsoft’s October 6th event: And you thought that a Windows 10 Mobile build would be the biggest news this week. Official invitations from Microsoft for an event on October 6th have been sent out. They read “We have some exciting news to share about Windows 10 devices” followed by the time and date which...
  9. Microsoft researchers on what to expect in 2017 and 2027

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft researchers on what to expect in 2017 and 2027: This week we are celebrating Computer Science Education Week around the globe. In this “age of acceleration,” in which advances in technology and the globalization of business are transforming entire industries and society itself, it’s more critical than ever for everyone...
  10. Microsoft's Windows 10 for IoT: What to expect

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows 10 for IoT: What to expect: During Microsoft's most recent Windows 10 reveal event in Redmond, Microsoft officials held a show and tell for many of the different versions of Windows 10 that the company is building for phones, tablets, PCs, conferencing systems and even holographic goggles. But...