Windows 10: What to know ahead of time

Discus and support What to know ahead of time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all! About to make the jump from 7 to10. I've been a long time member of these (vista/7 forums), and now will be relying on this lovely group of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zoloft, May 17, 2020.

1. Zoloft Win User

What to know ahead of time

Hello all!

About to make the jump from 7 to10. I've been a long time member of these (vista/7 forums), and now will be relying on this lovely group of 10ers for my lifeline. It will likely not be until a week from Monday, the 25th, that I'm actually able to set up my new system (which is sitting on a box on my floor) and replace this 12 year old dinosaur.

Simple (I hope) question for you all before I even unbox. . .

What did you wish you knew before you made the jump? Any tips/tricks that should be my first thing "out of the box" so to speak, in this case literally?

Thanks for all you do!

Your friendly neighborhood

(I will of course update my profile with my hardware configuration, once I have everything unboxed and set up, so it's right in front of me)

:)

Zoloft, May 17, 2020

2. Computer time is ahead by one hour

Hello,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

As you are facing issue related to Windows time setting then I suggest you to try the below steps and check if helps.

• Press Windows key + r and type services.msc.

• Check for the Windows Time service and select Windows time service.

• On the left panel, check if the service is start or not.

• If service is not started then start the service, by clicking on the
      Start option.

• If the service is started the restart the service by clicking on
      Restart option.
    If the issue persists.

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.
    To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 17, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What to know ahead of time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 17, 2020
  4. What to know ahead of time

Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 17, 2020
Thema:

What to know ahead of time

1. What to know ahead of time - Similar Threads - ahead

2. Windows 10 version 2004 support page goes live ahead of launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004 support page goes live ahead of launch: Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) will be arriving later this week for many of those individuals and companies not presently using it. This update would be the first major release of the year and it will introduce several improvements and a few new features including...
  3. Clock is exactly an hour ahead with correct time zone and automatic

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is exactly an hour ahead with correct time zone and automatic: My clock says 9:54 when it really is 8:54 I checked the clock settings and the correct time zone (Eastern (US)) is set and the clock is set on "automatic" yet the clock is exactly an hour ahead on my Windows 10 Dell Optiplex 790 Does anybody know what the problem could be?...
  4. Audio ahead of video.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio ahead of video.: I can't tell since when, but I'm getting this audio desync with every video I watch, be it from YouTube, Netflix, downloaded, any source. And it happens to every sound device, I've gotten it with HDMI Audio, Speakers, Digital output, but oddly enough, the audio never bugs...
  5. i have to set the date a day ahead to browse

i have to set the date a day ahead to browse: when i put auto sync with my region,it just gives me cert errors and cannot browse until i put the date a day ahead for example i have to put the date right now to 18 march submitted by /u/downvote-bern-farmer [link] [comments]...
  6. Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep

Clock keeps changed ahead while asleep: Have an older HP Envy 27in All-in-one on Win10. Clock for the last couple months keep moving ahead very fast every time it sleeps. I've checked BIOS and the clock is running 4 secs for every 1 actual second. I changed battery just to be sure. It's still doing it. Overnight...
  7. Windows 10’s update heads to WSUS testers ahead of release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s update heads to WSUS testers ahead of release: Officially called Windows 10 version 2004, the next major version of Microsoft’s desktop OS is slated to launch in April. The feature update began rolling out to all Windows Insiders last year and the update is now available for testers in WSUS. According to Microsoft, IT...
  8. Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch: Microsoft began testing out Windows 10 20H1 in February 2019 when the company offered it to those in the Skip Ahead ring of Windows Insider program. For the first time, Microsoft publicly tested Windows 10’s major update for almost one year and the firm is now finally...
  9. System clock fails and runs late or ahead

in Windows 10 Customization
    System clock fails and runs late or ahead: Hello! A problem I never had before Win 10 x64 System clock fails and runs late or ahead between syncs. After a sync with time.windows.com everything is correct for some time. In day or two clock runs ahead or late again. I tweaked all I could. Turned on and off time...
  10. My PC clock is set automatically, but it's ~4/5 minutes ahead. Anyone know how to fix this?...

My PC clock is set automatically, but it's ~4/5 minutes ahead. Anyone know how to fix this?...: submitted by /u/DeltaAbsol_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3uo9r/my_pc_clock_is_set_automatically_but_its_45/