Windows 10: What to know ahead of time

Discus and support What to know ahead of time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all! About to make the jump from 7 to10. I've been a long time member of these (vista/7 forums), and now will be relying on this lovely group of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zoloft, May 17, 2020.

1. Zoloft Win User

What to know ahead of time

Hello all!

About to make the jump from 7 to10. I've been a long time member of these (vista/7 forums), and now will be relying on this lovely group of 10ers for my lifeline. It will likely not be until a week from Monday, the 25th, that I'm actually able to set up my new system (which is sitting on a box on my floor) and replace this 12 year old dinosaur.

Simple (I hope) question for you all before I even unbox. . .

What did you wish you knew before you made the jump? Any tips/tricks that should be my first thing "out of the box" so to speak, in this case literally?

Thanks for all you do!

Your friendly neighborhood

(I will of course update my profile with my hardware configuration, once I have everything unboxed and set up, so it's right in front of me)

:)

Zoloft, May 17, 2020

2. Computer time is ahead by one hour

Hello,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

As you are facing issue related to Windows time setting then I suggest you to try the below steps and check if helps.

• Press Windows key + r and type services.msc.

• Check for the Windows Time service and select Windows time service.

• On the left panel, check if the service is start or not.

• If service is not started then start the service, by clicking on the
      Start option.

• If the service is started the restart the service by clicking on
      Restart option.
    If the issue persists.

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.
    To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 17, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What to know ahead of time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 17, 2020
  4. What to know ahead of time

Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 17, 2020
Thema:

What to know ahead of time

1. What to know ahead of time - Similar Threads - ahead

2. Windows 10 is comfortably ahead of Windows 11, gaining nearly 1% market share

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is comfortably ahead of Windows 11, gaining nearly 1% market share: Microsoft has already clarified its plans to end support for Windows 10 in 2025, and it’s just eighteen months before the operating system stops receiving updates and support. However, StatCounter’s report shows that Windows 10 gained almost 1% market share between January...
  3. what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...: what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I entered in word 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-my-endnote-reference-number-to-skip/6ed32331-9abb-43a4-9362-bdb93ec6ec2e
  4. what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...: what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I entered in word 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-causes-my-endnote-reference-number-to-skip/6ed32331-9abb-43a4-9362-bdb93ec6ec2e
  5. what causes my endnote reference number to skip ahead a few pages from the last endnote I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. headset audio issue --> audio is ahead of video speed and there is static issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset audio issue --> audio is ahead of video speed and there is static issues: Hi I have a Dell XPS13 9305. I use a logitech H340 USB Headset. I also use a USB-A to USB-C adapter because my laptop only has USB-C ports. I am running into an issue where after a couple seconds of listening, static starts coming in and it becomes impossible to hear. A...
  7. headset audio issue --> audio is ahead of video speed and there is static issues

headset audio issue --> audio is ahead of video speed and there is static issues: Hi I have a Dell XPS13 9305. I use a logitech H340 USB Headset. I also use a USB-A to USB-C adapter because my laptop only has USB-C ports. I am running into an issue where after a couple seconds of listening, static starts coming in and it becomes impossible to hear. A...
  8. Planning ahead!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Planning ahead!: Good morning, just a thought! I have had my laptop since new with Windows 8.1. Over the years I have kept it up to date and now on Windows 10 22H2. I am now thinking about a new PC and what I will have to do regarding keeping my stuff etc. I have a Microsoft account, I assume...
  9. Planning ahead!

Planning ahead!: Good morning, just a thought! I have had my laptop since new with Windows 8.1. Over the years I have kept it up to date and now on Windows 10 22H2. I am now thinking about a new PC and what I will have to do regarding keeping my stuff etc. I have a Microsoft account, I assume...
  10. Planning ahead!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade