Windows 10: what to pay attention to using an old ink jet printer

Discus and support what to pay attention to using an old ink jet printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was cleaning out old things and found an old printer which was a free gift of buying laptop computer , never used, Epson stylus C45, likely 10+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

what to pay attention to using an old ink jet printer

I was cleaning out old things and found an old printer which was a free gift of buying laptop computer , never used, Epson stylus C45, likely 10+ years, filled with dust, all cleaned up,
    it also came with ink cartridge . What should I do ?

Clean out the dust and start using it? Could the ink cartridge already dry out? Anything to pay attention to?

:)

Tsw88, Aug 29, 2019

2. canon ink jet printer

I installed my Canon ink jet printer to my tablet was working fine for sometime then just disappeared. Why?

KathieHart1, Aug 29, 2019
  3. AnomalouS Win User
    11x17+ Ink Jet printers... inquiry

My wife is in the market for a 11x17+ ink jet printer.
    She is a graphic designer and would like to be able to print proofs and smaller jobs at home, rather then at her current job.

We are currently looking at the Canon Pixma Pro9000 for $460. Would like some feedback from anyone who uses a larger printer and has some owner experiences.
    My dad uses canon printers and has great success with them and little issues.

Must have individual ink cartridges and wireless printing capability... Atleast via our home network through my main pc. Which should be almost any printer.

Maybe recommend another to look at?

Thanks

AnomalouS, Aug 29, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. what to pay attention to using an old ink jet printer - Similar Threads - pay attention using

2. printer no longer using ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer no longer using ink: out of the blue today --- no pun intended --- my HP Officejet 4620 series just stopped printing with ink today. I was going along printing forms and then --- pages with NO INK on them. any suggestion? it was checked and it is not out of ink....
  3. printer no longer using ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer no longer using ink: out of the blue today --- no pun intended --- my HP Officejet 4620 series just stopped printing with ink today. I was going along printing forms and then --- pages with NO INK on them. any suggestion? it was checked and it is not out of ink....
  4. printer no longer using ink

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer- attention required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer- attention required: I have tried restarting the spooler service and PC and still having issue with the error message. I would like to get rid of this message so my sister can print in peace. Any ideas?...
  6. New ink jet printer interferring with Excel 2010!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New ink jet printer interferring with Excel 2010!: I recently installed a new Canon ix6820 inkjet printer and have it connected to my desktop with a USB cord. When I access a desktop icon - Excel shortcut - I get the Canon quick menu & image box appearing on desktop - and Excel opens to a blank screen. I then choose File,...
  7. how to clean ink jets on hp office jet 3050?

how to clean ink jets on hp office jet 3050?: how to clean ink jet on office jet 3050? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-ink-jets-on-hp-office-jet-3050/4c2a078b-0929-4c01-9279-e6fe231a941b
  8. Ink Jets

Ink Jets: I have a HP Deskjet Printer 6940. Am unable to obtain a black ink jet 339 can anyone tell me if 338 is compatible please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ink-jets/f8b89089-54f8-412d-a13d-bc861b591848
  9. printer ink

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer ink: replaced ink cartridge, now black will not print.. any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink/7266cd77-9b57-40e0-94d5-158b3428e01a
  10. Printer Ink

Printer Ink: While doing printer maintenance, one of the many dialogue boxes that displayed, indicated that my black ink cartridge is full...yet, no black will print. I've done a couple of the cleaning procedures more than once, and STILL no luck. Though this is not a new cartridge,...