Windows 10: What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight?

Discus and support What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I already did this: [ATTACH] this was already unchecked: [ATTACH] I removed all the devices from the list, so it's empty: [ATTACH] But what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mb131313, Oct 26, 2019.

1. mb131313 Win User

What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight?

I already did this:

What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight? 7538bfc7-04d8-46ea-bea5-4ff30bbc20fa?upload=true.png

this was already unchecked:

What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight? c3fc2435-2c0a-4759-a278-17791f923e91?upload=true.png

I removed all the devices from the list, so it's empty:

What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight? 1c7bdfae-176b-4e78-81cd-10da0bfcec32?upload=true.png

But what else should I set? I just want pure thing: if I put my laptop into sleep, it will remain in sleep, until I press the Power button. I don't want to remove any file, don't want to create different scheduler plan, don't want to run 3rd party application. Just want to tell the UpdateOrchestrator NOT TO WAKE MY MACHINE.

How to do this in the end of 2019?

I'm using Windows Pro/Enterprise and this is happening since version 1903 and now I have 1909 and the same issue.

:)

mb131313, Oct 26, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Can Windows Update wake a computer from sleep if it is running on battery?

Windows sets a wake timer under UpdateOrchestrator called Reboot that wakes the computer at a set time (normally 3:30 a.m.) in order to install updates for the operating system. My question is: can Windows Update wake the laptop computer from a low-power
    state (such as sleep or hibernate) if it is on battery?

MicrosoftUserAnthony, Oct 26, 2019
  4. What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight?

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight?

1. What to set in UpdateOrchestrator if it wakes up my laptop from sleep in the midnight? - Similar Threads - set UpdateOrchestrator wakes

2. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  3. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  4. My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuses to wake up from sleep?: I am currently using a razer blade 15 advanced edition laptop which I purchased in november 2020. The machine is running windows 10 home edition. Around a week or so ago, I started having problems with the device not turning on after it went into sleep mode. I would try to...
  5. HP Laptop not waking up from sleep

HP Laptop not waking up from sleep: My HP laptop model is 15g-br106tx. My laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up from sleep. I've searched various articles and tried few solutions. But the problem still persists. The first solution is to enable the device keyboard or touchpad to enable it to wake the...
  6. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  7. UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UpdateOrchestrator keeps waking computer up from sleep every night: Hello all, so first things first: My computer is up to date. So I've been wrestling with this problem for the past week. My computer will not stay asleep all night and wakes itself up every night. Really wouldn't be an issue except that it doesn't go back to sleep. It just...
  8. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. How To Stop UPDATEORCHESTRATOR From Waking PC/Laptop

How To Stop UPDATEORCHESTRATOR From Waking PC/Laptop: So I was going crazy trying to find what was waking my PC when it was 'sleeping'. Turned out it was 'UPDATEORCHESTRATOR. I was running into every issue trying to just modify it in Task Scheduler (was getting a prompt asking me for credentials of User S-1-something or other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update orchestrator waking up dell laptop