Windows 10: What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar...

Discus and support What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/kaylaXkitten [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5mkc5/what_trash_they_way_overcomplicated_a_simple/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaylaXkitten, Jan 26, 2021.

1. What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar...

/u/kaylaXkitten, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Mikky_888 Win User

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Jan 26, 2021
  3. TomT Win User
    Pin exe to Quick Access or Second Task Bar ?

If I select pin to task bar it will only pin to the primary monitors task bar.
    If I run the program on the secondary monitor, I don;t get the option to pin it.

4. JayPhi Win User

What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar...

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar...

1. What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar... - Similar Threads - trash overcomplicated simple

2. Task bar not showing running programs nor pinned programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not showing running programs nor pinned programs: Basically what the title reads, the task bar shows just as a screen wide grey bar but it does not show any icons. Programs are still pinned to it since when I hover the mouse pointer, it shows the contour of the icons, and if I left click they run and if I right click they...
  3. Task bar not showing running programs nor pinned programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar not showing running programs nor pinned programs: Basically what the title reads, the task bar shows just as a screen wide grey bar but it does not show any icons. Programs are still pinned to it since when I hover the mouse pointer, it shows the contour of the icons, and if I left click they run and if I right click they...
  4. Changed my username but now I can't pin to programs to task bar, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my username but now I can't pin to programs to task bar, how do I fix this?: I recently changed my user profile in windows 11, now I can't create desktop shortcuts, save files, or pin items to my taskbar. I also keep receiving this error telling me the file folder no longer exists and that one drive can't find the old user folder an error that I can't...
  5. Changed my username but now I can't pin to programs to task bar, how do I fix this?

Changed my username but now I can't pin to programs to task bar, how do I fix this?: I recently changed my user profile in windows 11, now I can't create desktop shortcuts, save files, or pin items to my taskbar. I also keep receiving this error telling me the file folder no longer exists and that one drive can't find the old user folder an error that I can't...
  6. what should l do if l can't interact with any thing in the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should l do if l can't interact with any thing in the task bar?: please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-l-do-if-l-cant-interact-with-any-thing/0708bf17-060a-4a49-ae86-d7b016812a0f
  7. what should l do if l can't interact with any thing in the task bar?

what should l do if l can't interact with any thing in the task bar?: please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-l-do-if-l-cant-interact-with-any-thing/0708bf17-060a-4a49-ae86-d7b016812a0f
  8. Can't pin files to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin files to task bar: A few months ago, after a Windows 10 update, I suddenly lost my ability to pin files to my taskbar. Pinning software icons still works, but I used to have quick access to regularly used files by right-clicking a software icon. I was hoping this issue would fix itself with...
  9. I can't swicht to my mfc program in the task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't swicht to my mfc program in the task bar: Hi Microsoft, Sometimes, I can't swicht to my mfc program to the main screen in the task bar in my Win 10 System, this is a probability issue but I can switch the mfc program to the main screen in the task manager. pls analyze the program I wrote in mfc. 1. [ATTACH]...
  10. Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar?: I setup my taskbar so the labels are always showing and never grouped, I fits better with my workflow. I was wondering if it is possible to have something like chrome's has the "Pin tab" feature where the name(label) of one specific tab is hidden and only the icon stays...