Windows 10: What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10

Discus and support What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just downloaded the Windows 10 ISO to my USB Port. I have a blue Ray and CD player, both are read/write. What type and size cd do I need to burn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Guth, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Jim Guth Win User

What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10

I've just downloaded the Windows 10 ISO to my USB Port.

I have a blue Ray and CD player, both are read/write.

What type and size cd do I need to burn Win 10 on?

Can I just use Media Player to do this?

:)

Jim Guth, Sep 30, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10 :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 30, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 30, 2019
  4. Arctucas Win User

mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. What type and size of disk do I need for Win 10 - Similar Threads - type size disk

2. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  3. What do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  4. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  5. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  6. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What windows 10 files do I need for a Boot disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    What windows 10 files do I need for a Boot disk: What files do I need to make a boot disk for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-windows-10-files-do-i-need-for-a-boot-disk/5ffce20e-0a21-40eb-b1c6-618c0e9264bc
  8. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...
  9. what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ??: says .. You are up to date .. yet I have the not seen what I believe is the new creator version being available for me.. my current version is 1607 OS build 14393.1066 is this right? 81952
  10. Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?: I have Win 10 64bit. I was told that I need to create a bootable disk on a USB by someone in our local store. When I asked him how many GB's he said in the 20's. I did not buy it, but much later went back and a different guy said 28GB but I should get larger just in case....