Windows 10: What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

Discus and support What type of account should be used on a rebuild? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'm old school, so I always create local accounts, I do have a Microsoft account and use it for OneDrive storage, I've just done a complete... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stevec59, Aug 7, 2019.

1. stevec59 Win User

What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

Hi Guys,
    I'm old school, so I always create local accounts, I do have a Microsoft account and use it for OneDrive storage,
    I've just done a complete re-install on a Windows 10 laptop and ofcourse it asked me about accounts, as I'm used to doing local and I might sell the laptop I thought I'd go for that.
    I've just seen how to convert Local to Microsoft account, so thanks for that:-
    Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members

I was just wondering the advantages and disadvantages of both, for example go for a Microsoft account and your network goes down, can you still log onto your laptop /pc? I guess you could create 1 account of each type.

Many Thanks

Steve

:)

stevec59, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 7, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done What type of account should be used on a rebuild? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 7, 2019
  4. What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

In this case, we suggest that you follow these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • From the Advanced dialogue box, select Rebuild. Selecting
      Rebuild will begin the process of deleting, and then rebuilding your PC’s search index.

Note: While the steps to initiate the rebuilding process are simple, the actual process can take quite some time depending on how much data Windows has to index.

Keep us updated on the results.

Aileen Alf, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

What type of account should be used on a rebuild?

1. What type of account should be used on a rebuild? - Similar Threads - type account should

2. What HypervisorSchedulerType should be in use on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What HypervisorSchedulerType should be in use on Windows 11: What HypervisorSchedulerType should be enabled in Windows 11 Pro 22H2 using Intel i7-12700H cpu? I executed the command bcdedit /set HypervisorSchedulerType core. The desktop is a at home device normally standalone. I have seen articles that client pcs should only be set to...
  3. What HypervisorSchedulerType should be in use on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What HypervisorSchedulerType should be in use on Windows 11: What HypervisorSchedulerType should be enabled in Windows 11 Pro 22H2 using Intel i7-12700H cpu? I executed the command bcdedit /set HypervisorSchedulerType core. The desktop is a at home device normally standalone. I have seen articles that client pcs should only be set to...
  4. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  5. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  6. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. It dosent load further what should i do or type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It dosent load further what should i do or type: My laptop dont want to load its new and its first startup and it counts 54321 and at 1 stops after one i should press esc but i cant skip that Should i type somekind command My laptop is acer extensa 15...
  8. What size and type of USB should I use for a recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What size and type of USB should I use for a recovery drive?: So I had a pretty big scare a few minutes ago. My brand new machine which I basically only use for the web and no one else has access to, appeared to be stuck in a boot loop. Well, it ended up being just that the power key was stuck. The experience has motivated me to make a...
  9. Rebuilding User Accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rebuilding User Accounts?: I need some advice on setting up a user account. I had a problem with a HDD and the D: volume getting accidently deleted and turned into RAW disk without having a full backup of it. I have been using EaseUS Data Recovery to try and find the deleted data, but from what I have...
  10. What User Account should I use for PC to be sold

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What User Account should I use for PC to be sold: Glad we could help Greg.