Windows 10: What type of application do I have that I want to open?

Discus and support What type of application do I have that I want to open? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I was given come to think of it now, a Web text file so I may edit the text of it. What type of application from Microsoft Store do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 35aks, May 14, 2019.

1. 35aks Win User

What type of application do I have that I want to open?

Hello everyone,

I was given come to think of it now, a Web text file so I may edit the text of it. What type of application from Microsoft Store do I require to open this file, please? Thank you. If you need a screenshot I'll provide it gladly!!

:)

35aks, May 14, 2019

2. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 14, 2019
  3. Unable to open the file type using the downloaded application on the PC in Windows 10.

Hi Scott,

You may be facing the above issue due to the installed application not set as default app to open DOCX file type on the computer.

Before we assist further, do you get any error message or error code on opening the document on the computer?

You will be able to set default applications by file type and by protocol on Windows 10. To set a default program that is not present, you will have to download and install the application on the PC.

If you have installed the DOCX file opener app in the computer, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Default programs and select the top most search result.

• Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.

• Locate the file format, click on the program which is set to open the file type and select the application you want to set from
      Choose an App window.

• Close the window and check if you are able to open the file type in the application set as default.

Write to us with the status of not able to open DOCX file in the app downloaded on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 14, 2019
  4. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. What type of application do I have that I want to open? - Similar Threads - type application open

2. How do I change file types to what I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change file types to what I want: I need to change the type of file but I have no idea how to do that, can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-file-types-to-what-i-want/8e78b447-07f7-4c78-b2cb-bbfd464fbb52
  3. How do I change file types to what I want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change file types to what I want: I need to change the type of file but I have no idea how to do that, can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-file-types-to-what-i-want/8e78b447-07f7-4c78-b2cb-bbfd464fbb52
  4. What do i do? or what have i done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do i do? or what have i done?: When I tried to open my Fortnite just now it gave me this message 11:02:18: Starting BattlEye Service... 11:02:20: Updating... 11:02:20: Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver Load Error 1275. For more information I downloaded the new driver from GeForce and then that...
  5. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  6. I have an Inspirion 15300 and want to use it for dj gigs. What type of upgrades do I need...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have an Inspirion 15300 and want to use it for dj gigs. What type of upgrades do I need...: Hello guys... and girls! I do want to use my Laptop Inspirion 15300 to DJ. I'll need toc do some upgrads to avoid any type of interruptions while playing. What typeof upgrade must b done, please? My budget isn't much. I appreciate your help. Thanks!...
  7. remember what i have typed

in Windows 10 Customization
    remember what i have typed: I have a question on my tablet it remembers what I have typed when I am filling out my electrical certs so if I type in 0.67 in a box it will remember it for the next time is there something like that for the pc?...
  8. What type of file do I have and how can I convert it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What type of file do I have and how can I convert it: I have a bunch of files labeled as Windows media player (.unknown_video) I can play it on my computer but can’t transfer it to my phone or anything else because of the file format submitted by /u/thetriggeredf [link] [comments]...
  9. What do I type into the run area to open word (:

What do I type into the run area to open word (:: Just trying to remember submitted by /u/joelmega [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9nhph/what_do_i_type_into_the_run_area_to_open_word/
  10. Can I do what I want?

Can I do what I want?: So I have a Windows pc tucked away in a spare room. Is it possible to turn it on with an android device? I'd then like to be able to stream it to my chromebook so that I can control the pc remotely mm a different room albeit in the same network? Any advice or pointers...