What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10

Discus and support What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm currently using Windows 7 and am excited about the roll out of Windows 10. I skipped Windows 8 because of all the bad reviews. I will be keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BigSilveryMoon, Jun 10, 2015.

1. BigSilveryMoon Win User

I'm currently using Windows 7 and am excited about the roll out of Windows 10.
    I skipped Windows 8 because of all the bad reviews.
    I will be keeping my Windows 7 computer (which is flawless) and buying a brand new machine with Windows 10 as soon as it's available.

My question is, what type of Monitor will I need for Windows 10?
    Should it be touchscreen? This will be a desktop and I hate the idea of touchscreen for my desktop.
    I love my mouse. But should the monitor be touchscreen capable?
    Does it need a built in Mic to communicate with Cortana?
    What other type of new hardware will I need to best utilize Windows 10?

Would it be wiser to wait a few months after the rollout before I buy a new machine?
    I don't want some stale old Windows 8 hardware that they couldn't unload.

Ideas?

:)

BigSilveryMoon, Jun 10, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

what type of windows 10 edition is best

The one that you think is best for you.

Learn about the different editions here.

BulldogXX, Jun 10, 2015
  3. sudhakaradimurthy Win User
    what type of windows 10 edition is best

which type of windows 10 edition is best

sudhakaradimurthy, Jun 10, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forum @BigSilveryMoon Good questions. I have rarely used touchscreens, so I will not have anything to offer there.

I suggest this. If you have a spare drive, do a dual boot and try W10 to see yourself before buying a new machine.

Any mic will work, as for other hardware that is why I say try it first.

5. bromanbro Win User
    You probably want a monitor that works.

Beyond that, you're fine. Cortana can be disabled, and touch is by no means neccessary.

bromanbro, Jun 10, 2015
  6. BigSilveryMoon Win User
    Dude, thanks for your reply.
    I have a second drive on my Windows 7 machine and I clone to it regularly.
    I can't bare the idea of losing my Windows 7 operating system. I don't have a disk.

I am ready for Windows 10 but want to keep it completely separate. No dual boot.
    Im not taking any chances screwing up my perfect Windows 7 environment.

BigSilveryMoon, Jun 10, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Try a vm, is that an option you could try? You could try VMware or virtualbox.

You could also partition your HD.

As far as your W7 install, get a iso, and make a backup.

Softwaredownload

8. batlhilz Win User

well, as ive been selling touch-based systems for a few years now (installer/design/pre-sales support), its more of an "presentation" thingy. it works flawlessly on ipads and tablets and phones and doing presentation in conference room or being a teacher in a school - you can do awesome tricks and enhance your overall presentation with it - however, its strictly unusable in my opinion, on a home computer (thats sitting on a desk) - there is a nice tricks for a touch laptop too, but id say nono toa desktop touchdisplay.

what comes to microfone, its better out separately as they have usually better noise reduction than monitor-embedded ones (or in that case, webcams)

batlhilz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - type Monitor best

2. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...
  4. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  5. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  6. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  7. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic: My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we...
  8. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: here is the dilemma, happen after a lighting strike it was worse before but this is what is subsided to [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/f168d730-0e22-40d0-9986-3d96f7e8950a
  9. Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10: This question has been asked for over 4 years and there is still no permanent solution from Microsoft. Re-launching google chrome can solve the issue, but it comes back soon. Uninstall/re-install google chrome also works, but the issue comes back. Turning off hardware...
  10. Win 10 blue screen driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 blue screen driver crash: I am having this problem for around 3 months and there is no actual persistence of the problem. While I play, exactly when I am shutting down the PC or when I start it up a blue screen appears with the sad windows face :( . I do use my PC on a daily basis and the problem...