Windows 10: What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10

Discus and support What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm currently using Windows 7 and am excited about the roll out of Windows 10. I skipped Windows 8 because of all the bad reviews. I will be keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BigSilveryMoon, Jun 10, 2015.

1. What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10

I'm currently using Windows 7 and am excited about the roll out of Windows 10.
    I skipped Windows 8 because of all the bad reviews.
    I will be keeping my Windows 7 computer (which is flawless) and buying a brand new machine with Windows 10 as soon as it's available.

My question is, what type of Monitor will I need for Windows 10?
    Should it be touchscreen? This will be a desktop and I hate the idea of touchscreen for my desktop.
    I love my mouse. But should the monitor be touchscreen capable?
    Does it need a built in Mic to communicate with Cortana?
    What other type of new hardware will I need to best utilize Windows 10?

Would it be wiser to wait a few months after the rollout before I buy a new machine?
    I don't want some stale old Windows 8 hardware that they couldn't unload.

Ideas?

:)

BigSilveryMoon, Jun 10, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

what type of windows 10 edition is best

The one that you think is best for you.

Learn about the different editions here.

BulldogXX, Jun 10, 2015
  3. what type of windows 10 edition is best

which type of windows 10 edition is best

sudhakaradimurthy, Jun 10, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10

Welcome to the forum @BigSilveryMoon Good questions. I have rarely used touchscreens, so I will not have anything to offer there.

I suggest this. If you have a spare drive, do a dual boot and try W10 to see yourself before buying a new machine.

Any mic will work, as for other hardware that is why I say try it first.

5. bromanbro Win User
    You probably want a monitor that works.

Beyond that, you're fine. Cortana can be disabled, and touch is by no means neccessary.

bromanbro, Jun 10, 2015
  6. Dude, thanks for your reply.
    I have a second drive on my Windows 7 machine and I clone to it regularly.
    I can't bare the idea of losing my Windows 7 operating system. I don't have a disk.

I am ready for Windows 10 but want to keep it completely separate. No dual boot.
    Im not taking any chances screwing up my perfect Windows 7 environment.

BigSilveryMoon, Jun 10, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Try a vm, is that an option you could try? You could try VMware or virtualbox.

You could also partition your HD.

As far as your W7 install, get a iso, and make a backup.

Softwaredownload

8. batlhilz Win User

well, as ive been selling touch-based systems for a few years now (installer/design/pre-sales support), its more of an "presentation" thingy. it works flawlessly on ipads and tablets and phones and doing presentation in conference room or being a teacher in a school - you can do awesome tricks and enhance your overall presentation with it - however, its strictly unusable in my opinion, on a home computer (thats sitting on a desk) - there is a nice tricks for a touch laptop too, but id say nono toa desktop touchdisplay.

what comes to microfone, its better out separately as they have usually better noise reduction than monitor-embedded ones (or in that case, webcams)

batlhilz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What type of Monitor is best for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - type Monitor best

2. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  3. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  4. what's the best gaming monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    what's the best gaming monitor?: I'm looking to add a 2nd computer monitor to my setup. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  5. what will be the best antivirus for windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what will be the best antivirus for windows 10: thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-will-be-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10/434a0c4d-5f73-4738-895a-604fbcb6edbc
  6. Best type of sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best type of sync?: What type of sync is best if you do not want to purchase a g-sync monitor? is it v-sync, fast-sync, adaptive-sync, something else? 70416
  7. Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?: I want to know whats the best win 10 cleaners to clean out my system for performance and speed. Let me know. 75967
  8. What's the difference in laptop monitor types?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's the difference in laptop monitor types?: I bought a HP Pavilion dv6 a couple of years ago and am marginally satisfied. I ordered it with upgraded RAM, CPU, and blu-ray burner. What I didn't pay attention to is the monitor. Now that I am into photo editing there is frustration with the picture looking different based...
  9. Whats the best Defragger for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the best Defragger for Windows 10?: My son has a laptop and he uses the built in Windows 10 defragger. Constantly says 0% defrag. I just installed and ran Piriform Defraggler. It says 9% fragged. (10 gig+) and it needs 24 hrs to defrag. I have no idea which one is correct, but is there a better one that I can...
  10. What's the best Windows 10 Build?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the best Windows 10 Build?: What's the best Windows 10 Build? This is what I got ; [img] 39990