Windows 10: What version of Windows 10 on a laptop should I install after a wipe of the computer?

Discus and support What version of Windows 10 on a laptop should I install after a wipe of the computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello and good day to you all. I am going to wipe my whole laptop and I am making sure I install the correct Windows 10. In my settings on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrje1, Aug 17, 2018.

1. mrje1 Win User

What version of Windows 10 on a laptop should I install after a wipe of the computer?

Hello and good day to you all.

I am going to wipe my whole laptop and I am making sure I install the correct Windows 10. In my settings on the laptop it says Windows 10 Home, but on my Microsoft Account page online in the devices section it says Windows 10 Core.

So, my question is can I make my own Windows 10 home disc and use that or do I need to find this Core software and use that one? If so, where can I get this core software to install after my wipe?

Thank you very much for all your help.

:)

mrje1, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 17, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2018
  4. MVMC Win User

What version of Windows 10 on a laptop should I install after a wipe of the computer?

Installing Windows 10 Stuck

I, actually, was performing a full clean, wiping everything from the computer. Windows 10 came with the laptop. Where would I find the product key? Also, how do I get pass the Installing Windows page to perform the steps listed on the suggested post.

I have refreshed and restored Windows laptops before. I have never had this particular problem.

Thema:

1. What version of Windows 10 on a laptop should I install after a wipe of the computer? - Similar Threads - version laptop should

2. What should i install ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should i install ?: I have both cds which should i install as Default?MacOS 13.2 or Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-install/7c70d120-315a-44d1-a35b-2e8790d66343
  3. What should i install ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should i install ?: I have both cds which should i install as Default?MacOS 13.2 or Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-install/7c70d120-315a-44d1-a35b-2e8790d66343
  4. What should i install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What windows should i install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What windows should i install?: Hello.A year ago i buy a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled already activated then i upgraded to windows 11. Now i want to reinstall the windows. So, what windows version should i install? So i can activate the windows with the original license since this laptip have windows...
  6. What windows should i install?

What windows should i install?: Hello.A year ago i buy a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled already activated then i upgraded to windows 11. Now i want to reinstall the windows. So, what windows version should i install? So i can activate the windows with the original license since this laptip have windows...
  7. What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    What should I do with my Windows 10 computer?: I recently updated to 2004 and don't have my Windows old folder anymore. But I'm finding a lot of my apps and games glitching. My games don't even load at all or don't save at all and that's all of them. Some of my apps don't load either. I tried everything in the book...
  8. Should I continue to try to install Windows 10 version 2004?

Should I continue to try to install Windows 10 version 2004?: I have been unable to get the May 2020 update of Windows 10 version 2004 to install on my Asus Laptop Intel Cor i7 8th generation. The automatic update failed three times with error code 0x8007001f by June 17, but now Windows Update says my system is up to date. On June 18, I...
  9. Laptop wiped after windows 10 update

Laptop wiped after windows 10 update: How do I restore windows to my laptop from a usb stick? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wiped-after-windows-10-update/49322ce5-6e5c-400f-8a22-10f35d1e6c28
  10. What should I install?

What should I install?: I've just clean installed Windows 10 but I don't know what apps and programs I should install. Any suggestions? NOTE: There is absolutely nothing on my PC I would also like some suggestions as to how to get the most out of my PC. 33304