Windows 10: What version of Windows 10 Reset do I get?

Discus and support What version of Windows 10 Reset do I get? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I have Windows 10 installed and I use the Reset feature, do I receive the last Windows version or what came with my computer [when bought]? If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Edward_b, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Edward_b Win User

What version of Windows 10 Reset do I get?

If I have Windows 10 installed and I use the Reset feature, do I receive the last Windows version or what came with my computer [when bought]?

If I have Windows 10 installed but was upgraded [not a fresh install] from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 which came with my computer, which version do I get?

Thanks

:)

Edward_b, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 17, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. What version of Windows 10 Reset do I get? - Similar Threads - version Reset

2. Will a reset revert to initial windows version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a reset revert to initial windows version?: Hi, idk what's been going on but my laptop has crashed many times today. I've received multiple error codes as well hypervisor, stopcode, critical process died, srttrail - more on this later but it's all been in chinese so I've been super lost and flustered about what the...
  3. Will a reset revert to initial windows version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a reset revert to initial windows version?: Hi, idk what's been going on but my laptop has crashed many times today. I've received multiple error codes as well hypervisor, stopcode, critical process died, srttrail - more on this later but it's all been in chinese so I've been super lost and flustered about what the...
  4. How to reset Windows 11 Home without OEM version of Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows 11 Home without OEM version of Microsoft 365: I have a Windows 11 computer which was originally supplied with an OEM version of Microsoft 365. I don't want this OEM version now expired. I want to be able to accept a share of a Family subscription to MS365. Accepting an invitation to install a share of a Family...
  5. How to reset Windows 11 Home without OEM version of Microsoft 365

How to reset Windows 11 Home without OEM version of Microsoft 365: I have a Windows 11 computer which was originally supplied with an OEM version of Microsoft 365. I don't want this OEM version now expired. I want to be able to accept a share of a Family subscription to MS365. Accepting an invitation to install a share of a Family...
  6. i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-new-laptop-with-windows-11-activated/32f4883d-e362-4bd6-9ed2-7d83e3b07403
  7. i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...

i had new laptop with windows 11 activated version,when i make hard reset in laptop service...: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-new-laptop-with-windows-11-activated/32f4883d-e362-4bd6-9ed2-7d83e3b07403
  8. WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?: I got my laptop with windows 10 pro. now i am get into windows 11 pro insider preview dev channel . now i want to get back into windows 10 pro stable version. If I reset the PC then it will goes to WIndows 10 pro or it still in windows 11 pro insider preview.......? can...
  9. WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?

WILL RESET OF PC DOWNGRADE THE WINDOWS VERSION?: I got my laptop with windows 10 pro. now i am get into windows 11 pro insider preview dev channel . now i want to get back into windows 10 pro stable version. If I reset the PC then it will goes to WIndows 10 pro or it still in windows 11 pro insider preview.......? can...
  10. Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery reset installs wrong version of Windows: My girlfriend had some issues with her computer so we opted for a reinstall of windows using the recovery reset option, the issues she had dissapeared but now it turns out the reinstall changed her windows version from Home to Enterprise which we are now unable to activate....