Windows 10: What Version of windows does the media creation tool download?

Discus and support What Version of windows does the media creation tool download? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently build a new PC and I am going to install windows 10 on it, but the thing is as i was preparing the USB flash drive with windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hamid Iqbal, Jul 21, 2020.

1. What Version of windows does the media creation tool download?

Hello,

I recently build a new PC and I am going to install windows 10 on it, but the thing is as i was preparing the USB flash drive with windows on it from my laptop through the media creation tool, this thought just came to my mind, about the version of windows the media creation tool downloads as I have recently heard about the may 2020 update or the windows 2004 update, about which i have read that it is a little less stable and buggy. So i just wanted to know the version that is being downloaded recently as in the last few days, or should i go with the 1909 version instead?

Also I have the ISO file for the windows 1909 version, so can I just mount that ISO file and copy its contents on the USB flash drive, will it also work the same in installing the windows from scratch.

Since i am currently on windows 1909 on my laptop I would prefer doing it the second way.

Thanks in Advance

:)

Hamid Iqbal, Jul 21, 2020

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    media creation tool

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• From which version of Windows are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does the computer meets the minimum system requirement to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • When exactly do you get the purple windows icon?
    I suggest you to create another USB bootable media using the ISO and then try to upgrade to Windows 10. Refer to the following links:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Windows 10 herunterladen

Also see:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Kyhi Win User

What Version of windows does the media creation tool download?

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

What Version of windows does the media creation tool download?

1. What Version of windows does the media creation tool download? - Similar Threads - Version does media

2. Downloading Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  3. Unable to download media creation tool

Unable to download media creation tool: I have a problem with upgrading my Windows 10 laptop. That’s why I tried to use media creation tool. But I cannot open the media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-media-creation-tool/19a84e4a-e03b-4cc6-b0e9-7ae47ba1f149
  4. Can the media creation tool download version 2004 yet

Can the media creation tool download version 2004 yet: Can the media creation tool download version 2004 yet 157186
  5. Media Creation Tool Windows 10 Version.

Media Creation Tool Windows 10 Version.: Which version or build of Windows 10 does the media creation tool is downloading? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-windows-10-version/cbb56576-2792-474d-bea9-21e1efbc0c8f
  6. Media creation tool and windows version detection

Media creation tool and windows version detection: My question is will the Media Creation Tool automatically detect what version of windows i have? I have windows 10 pro on myn and i got the 4gb iso file, but it only gave me one option for Edition that just said windows 10, The other iso i want to get off another computer...
  7. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  8. Does Media Creation Tool download updates?

Does Media Creation Tool download updates?: I just created a bootable USB with the media creation tool and I'm wondering if it includes the most recent updates, or do I have to download them afterwards? 56113
  9. Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso: Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum. Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to download the W10 iso, boot from a dvd and do a clean install, deleting all my data. But the media creation tool seems to...
  10. What version of Win 10 is the Media Creation Tool giving?

What version of Win 10 is the Media Creation Tool giving?: Just for fun, I downloaded a copy of the Win 10 .ISO using the MCT. Some of the files (like install.esd) have today's date, 9 July 2016. I am ignorant of how to find the build number in the .ISO. Is there any chance that this is 14385, as released today? (ws.dat...