Windows 10: What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9

Discus and support What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 Windows 8.1 Update 2 (or Windows 8.2 as some people are calling it)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Jun 16, 2014.

1. A Guy Win User

What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9

Source

:)

A Guy, Jun 16, 2014
  2. ASyL15 Win User

Updates for Nokia Lumia 635 (Fido (Canada))

Hello!

I've been reading lots online about upcoming updates to Windows Phone (Windows Phone 8.1 update 1) and Lumia (Lumia Denim). So here goes my two questions:

1. I know my phone came in with Lumia Cyan. Should I expect a Lumia Denim update?

2. I don't know if my phone came in with 8.1 update 1. Something tells me it did not. If so, should I also expect an update?

Thanks!

ASyL15, Jun 16, 2014
  3. A simple question needs a simple answer

Hi everyone now it's not a big thing to ask about here but I was really confused about it. I have a WP 7.8 (htc HD7) and I know that even if we get the 7.9 update, it won't give us a lot of features, so I'm considering purchasing a new WP 8 phone (Nokia
    Lumia 820 or the 920) and with the upcoming update 8.1 it will be almost the perfect phone for me ; but then I asked myself, why buying a WP 8 instead of waiting for the 9 ? I couldn't find any article or anything about it -because no one is really thinking
    of it in the meantime-, so I just need to know when is the next wave of Windows Phones is going out (the one that you can't get on our current Windows Phone)

hope I'm not being boring here

thanks.

AliAlkhatib, Jun 16, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

I really do not care what MS does with the two upcoming updates. Like Mac 10.10 I will us it anyway. I do not use a Ipad/tablet nor a laptop so whatever MS and Apple come up with I will us them, and in the long run will learn how they work, and probably be happy. . .*Biggrin

5. It will be nice to actually see the real deal (update 2) instead of hints of what it might be. I won't lose any sleep if the "Start Menu" is reserved for Windows 9, I doubt I'd use it anyway.

alphanumeric, Jul 27, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Thumbs

Thema:

1. What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 - Similar Threads - far upcoming Update

2. Windows in 2023: here is what we know so far

in Windows 10 News
    Windows in 2023: here is what we know so far: The year 2023 is a major year for the Windows operating system. Microsoft will retire two Windows operating systems in the same month and release new updates for the two versions that it continues to support in that year. [ATTACH] The release of Windows 11 has created a...
  3. Windows 10 modular OS is arriving next year: What we know so far

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 modular OS is arriving next year: What we know so far: The modular and most adaptive version of Windows 10 is currently called ‘Windows 10X’ and it’ll be arriving on traditional single-screen laptops in the first half of 2021. Windows 10’s modular version was first announced in October 2019 and Microsoft originally said that the...
  4. Everything we know so far about Microsoft’s Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Everything we know so far about Microsoft’s Windows 10 X: Based on rumours, Microsoft has secretly been developing a new version of Windows 10 internally codenamed Windows Core OS and Windows Lite OS. Windows 10 X, which is a part of Windows Core OS, reportedly runs on consumer and education dual-screen PCs, laptops, and similar...
  5. What we know so far about Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What we know so far about Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10: In December 2018, Microsoft confirmed that it’s embracing the Chromium open source project to power its new Edge browser. It also means that Microsoft will now actively contribute to the Chromium project and improve the web browsing experience on the desktop. Microsoft isn’t...
  6. What we know so far about Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Lite

in Windows 10 News
    What we know so far about Microsoft’s rumoured Windows Lite: In 2018, multiple rumours claimed that Microsoft is working on a lightweight version of Windows optimized for low-end and affordable 2-in-1s. Some outlets reported that Windows Lite could be a stripped-down version of Windows 10 that would target Google’s Chrome OS in the...
  7. What we know so far about Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    What we know so far about Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS: Microsoft is said to be working on Windows Core OS which is the internal codename of a version of Windows 10 intended to run on a variety of form factors. Microsoft hasn’t publicly confirmed the existence of any such operating system but we have discovered evidence time to...
  8. What do we want? Windows 9 -- sorry, Windows 8

in Windows 10 News
    What do we want? Windows 9 -- sorry, Windows 8: After years of being told it never innovates, Microsoft came out with Windows 8. That's when folks said, "Please, don't innovate any more, just go with what already works!" Sure, not everyone has embraced the Metro style or the Start screen and whole dual-desktop, dual-apps...
  9. Windows 9 “Threshold”: What We Know So Far

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 “Threshold”: What We Know So Far: Windows 9 is definitely the next big thing happening for Windows users, with many people close to the matter revealing more or less exciting tidbits pointing to features of the upcoming operating system. Nothing has been confirmed so far and Microsoft goes on with a...
  10. Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    Six clicks: What we think we know about Windows 9: Microsoft's Build 2014 conference is right around the corner. At that event, which kicks off April 2 in San Francisco, Microsoft is believed to be planning to disclose at least some high-level information about Windows 9. The rest here it is a 7 part slide show.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows terminal