What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9

Discus and support What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 Windows 8.1 Update 2 (or Windows 8.2 as some people are calling it)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Jun 16, 2014.

1. A Guy Win User

Source

:)

A Guy, Jun 16, 2014
  2. ASyL15 Win User

Updates for Nokia Lumia 635 (Fido (Canada))

Hello!

I've been reading lots online about upcoming updates to Windows Phone (Windows Phone 8.1 update 1) and Lumia (Lumia Denim). So here goes my two questions:

1. I know my phone came in with Lumia Cyan. Should I expect a Lumia Denim update?

2. I don't know if my phone came in with 8.1 update 1. Something tells me it did not. If so, should I also expect an update?

Thanks!

ASyL15, Jun 16, 2014
  3. AliAlkhatib Win User
    A simple question needs a simple answer

Hi everyone now it's not a big thing to ask about here but I was really confused about it. I have a WP 7.8 (htc HD7) and I know that even if we get the 7.9 update, it won't give us a lot of features, so I'm considering purchasing a new WP 8 phone (Nokia
    Lumia 820 or the 920) and with the upcoming update 8.1 it will be almost the perfect phone for me ; but then I asked myself, why buying a WP 8 instead of waiting for the 9 ? I couldn't find any article or anything about it -because no one is really thinking
    of it in the meantime-, so I just need to know when is the next wave of Windows Phones is going out (the one that you can't get on our current Windows Phone)

hope I'm not being boring here

thanks.

AliAlkhatib, Jun 16, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

I really do not care what MS does with the two upcoming updates. Like Mac 10.10 I will us it anyway. I do not use a Ipad/tablet nor a laptop so whatever MS and Apple come up with I will us them, and in the long run will learn how they work, and probably be happy. . .*Biggrin

5. alphanumeric New Member
    It will be nice to actually see the real deal (update 2) instead of hints of what it might be. I won't lose any sleep if the "Start Menu" is reserved for Windows 9, I doubt I'd use it anyway.

alphanumeric, Jul 27, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Thumbs

Thema:

1. What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 - Similar Threads - far upcoming Update

2. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  3. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  4. Windows 10 Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos: windows 10 photos stop working, Reset & Repair dose not respond on it … cant uninstall app and cant reinstalls it … how can I fix this ridicules problem on WINDOWS 10 !! I need to see my photos somehow dear Microsoft …. if its a application why you don't put the app...
  5. what is the math input panel about?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the math input panel about?: what's the math input panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-is-the-math-input-panel-about/ce63157b-f97a-4939-8145-f0a2a3feb4e6
  6. Windows 10 is glacial in performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is glacial in performance: My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update trouble shoot, but this time it didn't make any difference when I did it again. All programs run slow and performance manager...
  7. Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Movies and TV app for Windows 10 gets Timeline support on Insider Rings: Movies and TV (also known as Films and TV in some regions) is getting a new update with major improvements. The latest update for Movies and TV app advances it to version Movies and TV app for Windows 10 is picking up an update on Fast Ring with a couple of new features. To...
  8. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...
  9. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  10. windows menu and emails not opening

windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...