What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9

Discus and support What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 Windows 8.1 Update 2 (or Windows 8.2 as some people are calling it)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Jun 16, 2014.

1. A Guy Win User

Source

:)

A Guy, Jun 16, 2014
  2. ASyL15 Win User

Updates for Nokia Lumia 635 (Fido (Canada))

Hello!

I've been reading lots online about upcoming updates to Windows Phone (Windows Phone 8.1 update 1) and Lumia (Lumia Denim). So here goes my two questions:

1. I know my phone came in with Lumia Cyan. Should I expect a Lumia Denim update?

2. I don't know if my phone came in with 8.1 update 1. Something tells me it did not. If so, should I also expect an update?

Thanks!

ASyL15, Jun 16, 2014
  3. AliAlkhatib Win User
    A simple question needs a simple answer

Hi everyone now it's not a big thing to ask about here but I was really confused about it. I have a WP 7.8 (htc HD7) and I know that even if we get the 7.9 update, it won't give us a lot of features, so I'm considering purchasing a new WP 8 phone (Nokia
    Lumia 820 or the 920) and with the upcoming update 8.1 it will be almost the perfect phone for me ; but then I asked myself, why buying a WP 8 instead of waiting for the 9 ? I couldn't find any article or anything about it -because no one is really thinking
    of it in the meantime-, so I just need to know when is the next wave of Windows Phones is going out (the one that you can't get on our current Windows Phone)

hope I'm not being boring here

thanks.

AliAlkhatib, Jun 16, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

I really do not care what MS does with the two upcoming updates. Like Mac 10.10 I will us it anyway. I do not use a Ipad/tablet nor a laptop so whatever MS and Apple come up with I will us them, and in the long run will learn how they work, and probably be happy. . .*Biggrin

5. alphanumeric New Member
    It will be nice to actually see the real deal (update 2) instead of hints of what it might be. I won't lose any sleep if the "Start Menu" is reserved for Windows 9, I doubt I'd use it anyway.

alphanumeric, Jul 28, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Thumbs

Thema:

What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 - Similar Threads - far upcoming Update

Forum Date

Which AMD Driver for Far Cry 5?

Which AMD Driver for Far Cry 5?: I have a R9 280X GPU with driver v17.11.1 I haven't updated for a while running W10 v1709. What's the most stable AMD GPU driver supporting Far Cry 5? I used to be able to run games at 2560x1440 resolution but Far Cry 5 won't accept this this resolution in the GPU...
Windows 10 Graphic Cards Thursday at 10:03 PM

Far Cry Primal works with wired XB1 controller, but not Bluetooth

Far Cry Primal works with wired XB1 controller, but not Bluetooth: So, I just bought and installed Far Cry Primal from UPlay. I fired it up for the first time with my Xbox One controller paired via Bluetooth. Game doesn't accept input from it. So I started a new game anyway, unpaired the controller and re-paired it, then Alt-tabbed back into...
Windows 10 Gaming Feb 3, 2018

BSOD playing Far Cry 5 (amongst other times), APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD playing Far Cry 5 (amongst other times), APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi guys, First time poster, long time BSOD sufferer, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I have a custom built gaming PC, a good 4 or 5 years old now and for as long as I can remember I've been suffering from issues, I can't reboot my PC for instance (I can turn it...
Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging Apr 2, 2018

A Bridge (Win 10) To Far?

A Bridge (Win 10) To Far?: I took my 10 yr. old much used and software bloated Dell 1720 Inspiron and gave it a clean install of Vista, then loaded a "new" and unused copy Win 7 and upgraded it including drivers. Next I found the download page for the 10 day trial of Win 10 and installed that. While...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Jul 24, 2017

My display is too far to the right (off the screen)

My display is too far to the right (off the screen): I changed the VGA cable of my second monitor (whilst my PC was powered on) and my display went off the right edge of the monitor (so I have a black bar on the left). I used the in-built controls to move it fully left but it isn't enough. I switched the cables back and this...
Windows 10 Graphic Cards Sep 8, 2017

How far behind Insiders is regular Windows 10 ?

How far behind Insiders is regular Windows 10 ?: I'm one of the folk who uses Windows Media Center on Windows 10, and apparently Microsoft have done something with the codecs that stops WMC from working at all on the latest Insiders (according to a thread at Green Button). So - does the next big update to Windows 10...
Windows 10 Support Mar 30, 2018

My Windows 10 experience so far

My Windows 10 experience so far: I bought a HP Pavilion the other day and it was not cheap since I wanted a decent CPU and sufficient RAM. It came with Windows 10 which has a very odd behaviour. At first the cursor would dissappear or completely freeze. I fixed this after googling for hours. Then...
Windows 10 Support Oct 12, 2017
What we know so far about the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update 2 and Windows 9 solved