Windows 10: What went right for Microsoft (From the BBC)

Discus and support What went right for Microsoft (From the BBC) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi folks Thought this was an interesting article from the BBC over the 5 years under new CEO Satya Nadella - 5 years today. Microsoft: What went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by jimbo45, Feb 4, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

What went right for Microsoft (From the BBC)

jimbo45, Feb 4, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 4, 2019
  4. What went right for Microsoft (From the BBC)

BBC radio on E55

Has anyone found a way to get BBC radio on the E55 or E52? On my E55 I have:

• Internet Radio - no BBC stations listed
    • iPlayer (from noknok.tv) - only has TV channels
    • Opera Mini - wants me to install Flash

mindmagic---01, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

What went right for Microsoft (From the BBC)

1. What went right for Microsoft (From the BBC) - Similar Threads - went right Microsoft

2. Any idea what this is from. It’s at bottom right of computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what this is from. It’s at bottom right of computer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Manordog [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6sqzb/any_idea_what_this_is_from_its_at_bottom_right_of/
  3. Apparently no admin rights in Microsoft what now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apparently no admin rights in Microsoft what now?: Just wanted to download FiveM files and I already got the download Cancelled due to insufficient permissions. If I want to open it now, it says I don't have enough access! I am the only one at the PC and I have no idea what to do now Anscheinend keine admin Rechte in...
  4. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  5. fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites): Hi folks Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home. If you've got access to BBC site and / or UK based VPN then there's an excellent app called get_iplayer. perfectly 100% legal. get_iPlayer •...
  6. BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors

BBC get_iplayer users (download BBC Radio / TV) fix URL errors: Hi folks BBC Changed some of their code today (27 Nov 2019) so users of the latest release (3.22) might find some of these errors appearing when trying to download TV / Radio programs. (Affects both Linux and Windows releases). ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3): Access...
  7. BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC

BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC: Hi folks I see BBC has stopped its Radio services on Tunein - which a load of apps like smart speakers, Alexa devices etc use. Reason given is they can't collect data about their users --I assumed that the BBC was a broadcasting organisation not a Data collection service...
  8. bbc iPlayer downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bbc iPlayer downloads: hi i have a Lenovo ideapad 110 running windows 10 3 months ago I downloaded the BBC iPlayer download and it worked perfectly 3 weeks ago it stopped working when you download it says download failed and the program that are there will not play I have uninstalled it and cleared...
  9. BBC website not supporting IE11 (from Brussels Hotel)

in Browsers and Email
    BBC website not supporting IE11 (from Brussels Hotel): Hi there Using High speed internet in Brussels Logged on to BBC Looks like IE11 support ending soon so people still using it will have to get used to something else. [img] Cheers jimbo 110577
  10. BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....