Windows 10: What went wrong here? I am Unable to add any bluetooth devices.

Discus and support What went wrong here? I am Unable to add any bluetooth devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Bluetooth in question is working normally; the devices that were paired beforehand connect properly again even after I restart Bluetooth. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aditya V., Oct 6, 2019.

1. Aditya V. Win User

What went wrong here? I am Unable to add any bluetooth devices.

The Bluetooth in question is working normally; the devices that were paired beforehand connect properly again even after I restart Bluetooth. the problem is that I cannot add any new devices. Clicking on the 'Add Bluetooth or other device' button does nothing. Waiting for a long while, repeatedly clicking on it, and even tapping on it through the touchscreen does absolutely nothing. This has been a bother from a few builds now and is still unfixed. Restarts, Reinstalling drivers, restarting Bluetooth and running the troubleshooter have not solved it, I have even tried to remove all devices, (which made it worse; really, since there is no way to pair and connect them back). What can be causing this and how can this be fixed?

:)

Aditya V., Oct 6, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2019
  4. What went wrong here? I am Unable to add any bluetooth devices.

Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

What went wrong here? I am Unable to add any bluetooth devices.

1. What went wrong here? I am Unable to add any bluetooth devices. - Similar Threads - went wrong here

2. What's wrong in here?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's wrong in here?: I saved a folder in document. When I opened a a file from that folder today, I see this message in vs code terminal when I run the file. How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-wrong-in-here/d08585c1-bbf0-4902-a7b9-06957e10846a
  3. What's wrong in here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's wrong in here?: I saved a folder in document. When I opened a a file from that folder today, I see this message in vs code terminal when I run the file. How to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-wrong-in-here/d08585c1-bbf0-4902-a7b9-06957e10846a
  4. What's wrong in here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys. What went wrong here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys. What went wrong here?: So I have been having a huge problem with my laptop for awhile always regarding the same blue screen that happens whenever I play games.Here is the minidump file and if someone could identify the possible cause and fixes for it I would be very happy:...
  6. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys. What went wrong here?

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys. What went wrong here?: So I have been having a huge problem with my laptop for awhile always regarding the same blue screen that happens whenever I play games.Here is the minidump file and if someone could identify the possible cause and fixes for it I would be very happy:...
  7. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices: Hi all,I have run into the following issue. I was attempting to connect a newly purchased Xbox controller to my laptop via Bluetooth, I got an error message that said something like "couldn't connect, please try again" after I clicked on the controller in the list of...
  8. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices: Hi all,I have run into the following issue. I was attempting to connect a newly purchased Xbox controller to my laptop via Bluetooth, I got an error message that said something like "couldn't connect, please try again" after I clicked on the controller in the list of...
  9. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

10. I am not able to add new bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to add new bluetooth devices: I bougth my ASUS ROG GL503VD laptop a month ago and have been using it without any issues. Yesterday, I was prompted to install the 1803 OS update and I did, but it took a lot of time to install. Today, using my laptop, when trying to add a bluetooth keyboard, noticed this...