Windows 10: what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update

Discus and support what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day All I have been reading (here in other threads) that in the process of updating/grading that windows essentials will be removed and in so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dmesal, Oct 12, 2017.

1. dmesal Win User

what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update

Good Day All
    I have been reading (here in other threads) that in the process of updating/grading that windows essentials will be removed and in so doing windows movie maker as well, is this true? and what else will be removed.

I have finally got some sort of handle on movie maker and do not want to loose it.

all help and or info is greatly appreciated

:)

dmesal, Oct 12, 2017

2. ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10 UPDATE TRYING TO INCLUDE UPDATES FOR HP WIRELESS PRINTER NO LONGER INSTALLED

I had the exact same issue with an ACER MC605.

It too had an Anatel PCI-E WLAN card Mfg Date 2012/07/14.

None of the error messages reported during failed updates to Fall Creators had any link to the card and failure consistently occurred at 81%.

The card was not used, so it was removed.

The Fall Creators update has run perfectly and the other following updates are proceeding without issue.

Graham Hayden, Oct 12, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Creators Update should be called Windows 11

You could well be right with the terminology. MS have determined that Windows 10 will be the last number for their OS. This will receive two major (feature) updates during the year, in spring and fall. The Creators update v1703 was the spring update and
    the Fall Creators update v1709 is the fall update. (this is just an example for 2017)

There are previous large updates for 2016. But this is something we will have to get used to.

neilpzz, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

The ability to use a screen saver is one afaik, Movie maker is being integrated into the photos app.

Bastet, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I haven't seen that said before, but it's good question - I use Movie Maker a lot and would be very upset to loose it. Installed apps are normally only removed during an upgrade if they are known to be incompatible with the new version of Windows. Just being old and unsupported isn't a reason to remove it. I'll test this and report back shortly.

As I said, known incompatible apps will be removed. In the past this has included things like third-party AVs that need upgrading to work in the new release. As for the built in features and apps of Windows itself, this is the official list...

Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, screen saver is in MS's 'removed' list. The photos thing is apparently not a 'Movie Maker' re-boot, it's just a way to make movies.

6. DavidY Win User
    I seem to remember Movie Maker gave errors when clean-installed in CU, but if you ignored the errors it worked fine.
    I wouldn't be surprised it FCU was similar.

DavidY, Oct 13, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Yes, I tested that for the CU and reported the findings here..,.
    Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017
    ...I'll update it for the FCU shortly.

8. Bree New Member

9. dmesal Win User
    thanks for the info Bree

i would have never thought to use the compatibility stuff seeing as how it's already installed on my win 10

Many thanks Again

dmesal, Oct 13, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Movie Maker doesn't need the compatibility stuff, it runs fine without it. The offline installer however needs it otherwise it doesn't work properly. Useful information if you're ever need to do a clean install of the FCU.

If you haven't got the offline installer, here's one way you can still get it.

Now that windows movie maker is no longer there what do people use

11. AddRAM Win User
    I love watching my Aurora screensaver I stole from Vista, I`m delaying that FCU for a year.

But can we still install our own screensaver ?

AddRAM, Oct 13, 2017
  12. dmesal Win User
    Many Thanks Bree

i grabbed another copy of the installer 134mb i hope that's all that's required

i marked the thread as solved but between now and the FCU that still remains to be seen*Huh

in ether case

Thanks

dmesal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update - Similar Threads - removed during Fall

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  4. Fall Creators Update and Get Help app removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fall Creators Update and Get Help app removal: So i've just installed the Fall Creators Update, and the Powershell command that I used before to remove the Get Help app isn't working anymore: Remove-WindowsCapability -online -name App.Support.ContactSupport~~~~0.0.1.0 I suspect they might of renamed it, but I tried...
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  9. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....
  10. What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is beginning to roll out to Windows 10 customers around the world, and today, we’re outlining all the great new features available in the update with this blog post and our special episode of This Week on Windows. AXHGuC815d0 With...