What will be the retail release date?

Discus and support What will be the retail release date? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've heard people discussing that the retail version of Windows 10 home/pro is going to be release later than people are getting the free upgrades.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nokiaguy, Jul 23, 2015.

1. nokiaguy Win User

I've heard people discussing that the retail version of Windows 10 home/pro is going to be release later than people are getting the free upgrades.

Has Microsoft said anything about the release date for this? Specifically Canadian stores.

I'm not upgrading free due to the fact that my current OS is OEM and don't want to deal with that again, also it'd be nice to have a install disc in case anything goes bad.

:)

nokiaguy, Jul 23, 2015
  2. SashaBirman Win User

Will ISO media be provided for the final release?

Original Title: Windows 10 download

I waht form will it be downloaded, can we get it as a .ISO file, suitable to burning to a DVD?

SashaBirman, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Deirdre W Win User
    when mango will be release and the market place will come to south africa , will applications like garmin street pilot work also .

Hi jan bezuidenhout

South Africa is one of the countries which will have access to Zune marketplace with the Mango update later in the year (Autumn, no date as yet). You can see the full list here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2564553

Thanks for posting!

Deirdre

Deirdre W, Jul 23, 2015
  4. orlbuckeye Win User

They only difference between Retail and OEM is you can't install on other machines. You can do a clean install on the same machine.

orlbuckeye, Jul 23, 2015
  5. nokiaguy Win User
    Yes I know, I am buying a license because I change my hardware A LOT (motherboard would cancel OEM license) and would like to have a recovery boot (I think it's a USB now? *Redface) included.

nokiaguy, Jul 23, 2015
  6. orlbuckeye Win User
    Well if you purchase the ISO you can make a copy to DVD and Flash drive.

orlbuckeye, Jul 23, 2015
  7. orlbuckeye Win User
    If u have the retail version installed I hear the upgrade inherits the retail and can be installed on new mobo.

orlbuckeye, Jul 23, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

You can just purchase the ISO on a USB Flash Drive.

BunnyJ, Jul 23, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    Newegg.com is showing a 7/31 date on when Pre-Orders will start being filled.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What will be the retail release date? - Similar Threads - retail release date

1. Intel 5GHz Core i7-8086K anniversary processor listed by retailers

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel 5GHz Core i7-8086K anniversary processor listed by retailers: Last month, a rumor emerged that Intel was preparing a special anniversary edition Core i7-8086K processor – to mark the 40th birthday of the release of the first 8086 chip on June 8, 1978 – and now multiple retailer listings for the CPU are being spotted. As Videocardz...
  2. Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ?: I own several graphics editing software packages but my favorite is this older program. I am currently using it with Windows 7Pro. Can anyone tell me if it will work with windows 10 Pro? My thanks, Mary 104795
  3. Windows 10 retail ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 retail ?: Hello... I'm curious to know what is listed under activation for this version ( windows 10 retail ) not OEM or upgraded to 10 but rather a fresh clean install with a windows 10 retail iso file or usb . Also, is it true those usb stick which Microsoft is selling windows 10 is...
  4. Convert VLK/KMS -> Retail to Allow Auto Digital Entitlement Activation

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert VLK/KMS -> Retail to Allow Auto Digital Entitlement Activation: I spent a day preparing a 10 Pro image for capture in a virtual machine intended to be deployed to numerous 10 Pro "digital entitlement" PCs upgraded from 7. I made the foolish mistake of using VLK media instead of retail media from the start. When I imaged the first PC,...
  5. Retail version - transfer from a damaged pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version - transfer from a damaged pc: Up front: this is just a hypothetical question. It came up in a discussion about Windows licenses. A Windows full retail version can be transferred to another PC, which is not the case with an OEM version. Imagine the 'old' PC is damaged, fire, water, whatever, but I am...
  6. Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10: How about how do I remove "Retail Demo Service"? Turn On or Off Retail Demo Experience Mode in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials WARNING: Enabling this mode will erase all the personal files on your PC and reset it to factory default settings. 85522
  7. Microsoft releases official retail pricing for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft releases official retail pricing for Windows 10: Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade deal is looking better and better all the time. For if you already own a genuine Windows PC, you could be saving yourself upwards of a huundred to almost two hundred dollars. Microsoft confirmed Monday that the company will sell Windows...
What will be the retail release date? solved