Windows 10: What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

Discus and support What will happen if I disable my only display adapter in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; An engineer at Adobe is helping me diagnose a problem with Photoshop. He suggested that I disable my AMD card from device manager and run Photoshop on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by perkinw, Feb 14, 2020.

1. perkinw Win User

What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

An engineer at Adobe is helping me diagnose a problem with Photoshop. He suggested that I disable my AMD card from device manager and run Photoshop on the integrated graphics to see if the issue persists.

When I check Device Manager, I see only one display adapter listed:

What will happen if I disable my only display adapter [​IMG]

Shouldn't the integrated graphics also be listed? If AMD is my only display adapter, I am reluctant to disable it.

Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

:)

perkinw, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2020
  3. I have two display adapters showing...

Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GT730M. The reason I was looking was that I am having some issues with some photo display software and it was suggested that hardware GPU acceleration could be the problem and I was checking that the drivers are up to date (they are). My question is: do I need both these adapters to be enabled? Could they be conflicting? I am hesitant to disable anything without asking advice first. Can I disable (say) the Intel adapter without seriously disabling my machine?

rafikiphoto, Feb 14, 2020
  4. What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

1. What will happen if I disable my only display adapter - Similar Threads - happen disable display

2. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER: Hi, I need helps!My PC is a window 10 PC and base on device manager, my PC has 2 display adapter: 1 Intel UHD 770 As I remember 2 NVIDIA RTX 2080 SuperWhile try to get more FPS on gaming performance, I go to search box -> Device Manager then I go to the display adapter...
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER: Hi, I need helps!My PC is a window 10 PC and base on device manager, my PC has 2 display adapter: 1 Intel UHD 770 As I remember 2 NVIDIA RTX 2080 SuperWhile try to get more FPS on gaming performance, I go to search box -> Device Manager then I go to the display adapter...
  4. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display adapter disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display adapter disabled: Hello, I am stuck in a terrific situation. My display did not show anything during the boot process. So I connected my computer to an external monitor. Looking at the external monitor I tried to disable and re-enable the display adapter in device manager to try to fix it....
  6. What happens if I disable Intel HD Graphics 5600 under the Display Adapters tab in Device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I disable Intel HD Graphics 5600 under the Display Adapters tab in Device...: I do have a built-in graphics card, if that helps. I'm having problems with my VR headset and the display port is connected to Integrated Graphics so I want to connect it directly to the Graphics Card by disabling Intel. Let me know if I'm just destroying my PC or if this...
  7. 2 display adapters, what happens if i disable 1?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 display adapters, what happens if i disable 1?: I have 2 display adapters, AMD Radeon TM R5 M330 and IntelR HD Graphics 520. What would happen if i disable the IntelR HD Graphics 520 display adapter?...
  8. What happens if i disable my gpu in device manager?

What happens if i disable my gpu in device manager?: I have laptop with windows 10, a nvidia gpu, and an intel cpu with integrated graphics. If disable my nvidia gpu will it just switch over to the intel graphics after a restart? or is this going to fuck my shit up so terribly that I can’t fix it. submitted by...
  9. what happens if i just leave my display adapter disabled at all times

what happens if i just leave my display adapter disabled at all times: it stutters when it's enabled idk why and am wondering whether I can just leave my display adapter disabled at all times submitted by /u/SwordofExcelsior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn1hua/what_happens_if_i_just_leave_my_display_adapter/
  10. How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?: I have read some other posts suggesting the existence of a "brightness slider" in display settings, and an "adaptive brightness" setting under power options; neither of those exist for my machine. I am on a standard desktop PC, using a Dell AW2518HF display. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What happens if you disable Display adapters