Windows 10: What will happen if I restore Windows?

Discus and support What will happen if I restore Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently having problems with my laptop and would like to restore the laptop completely to the state it was when it was new. I understand you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricJ, Oct 3, 2018.

1. EricJ Win User

What will happen if I restore Windows?

I am currently having problems with my laptop and would like to restore the laptop completely to the state it was when it was new. I understand you can restore Windows in the settings at the Update & Security tab, but what I would like to know is what will happen if I restore Windows with the option to delete all my personal files, apps, and settings? The reason why I am cautious and want to ask experienced users before doing anything is that this Windows that is currently installed on my laptop was installed by a university, and I do not have the installation cd or license key. Will I be needing the installation cd or license key when restoring Windows?

:)

EricJ, Oct 3, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Oct 3, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

What will happen if I restore Windows? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 3, 2018
  4. What will happen if I restore Windows?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

What will happen if I restore Windows?

1. What will happen if I restore Windows? - Similar Threads - happen restore

2. What happened to my task manaager and Excel? System restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my task manaager and Excel? System restore?: A few days ago my task manager started looking like this. It's worthless, with no usage data showing. Wait, let me explain: it does NOT look like the frowny face above. That happened when I tried co cut and paste the task mgr shot, and I can' t delete it. I did take a pic...
  3. What happened to my task manaager and Excel? System restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my task manaager and Excel? System restore?: A few days ago my task manager started looking like this. It's worthless, with no usage data showing. Wait, let me explain: it does NOT look like the frowny face above. That happened when I tried co cut and paste the task mgr shot, and I can' t delete it. I did take a pic...
  4. Hi. While running windows update blue screen happened. I restored and ran troubleshooter....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi. While running windows update blue screen happened. I restored and ran troubleshooter....: Hi. While running windows update blue screen happened. I restored and ran troubleshooter. The download was successful but now it's stuck at 50% for the install. What should I do?...
  5. Hi. While running windows update blue screen happened. I restored and ran troubleshooter....

Hi. While running windows update blue screen happened. I restored and ran troubleshooter....: Hi. While running windows update blue screen happened. I restored and ran troubleshooter. The download was successful but now it's stuck at 50% for the install. What should I do?...
  6. What happened to the files I restored from the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the files I restored from the recycle bin?: I restored multiple items both yesterday & today from my recycle bin and they are not where they were originally, or anywhere on my laptop. I tried turning on the "show hidden files" setting & restarting my laptop, etc., but they are still not there. What happened? Is there...
  7. What happened to the files I restored from the recycle bin?

What happened to the files I restored from the recycle bin?: I restored multiple items both yesterday & today from my recycle bin and they are not where they were originally, or anywhere on my laptop. I tried turning on the "show hidden files" setting & restarting my laptop, etc., but they are still not there. What happened? Is there...
  8. Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...: Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is showing the error, is a program that was restored when I ran system restore....
  9. Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...

Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...: Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is showing the error, is a program that was restored when I ran system restore....
  10. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i restore my windows what will happen

2. factory reset Windows Phone what will happen