Windows 10: What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...

Discus and support What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says, i have corrupted files within my windows. It hasn't been much of an issue, nor is it one now, but kinda is? I got a blue screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daxon6, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Daxon6 Win User

What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...

As the title says, i have corrupted files within my windows. It hasn't been much of an issue, nor is it one now, but kinda is? I got a blue screen of death basically, and the error was ntfs.sys, but as it disappeared very quickly, i cant remember 100% but im pretty sure the specific error was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I googled it, and the main reason i found was windows and/or system files. Understandable, since my PC is running 1909 version i believe, as the next one windows update gives out is 2004. Now, believe me when i say that i have tried EVERY possible solution to it, contacted suppor

:)

Daxon6, Jun 19, 2024
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2024
  4. What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...

what happened to my program files after factory resetting

Please also remove Windows.old file after reset your PC.

Step 1: Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.

Step 2: Click the "Clean up system files" button.

Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."

What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are... [​IMG]

Step 4: Check the box next to the entry, then make sure there are no other boxes checked (unless you do indeed want to delete those items). Click OK to start the cleanup.

Kattee Lee, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...

1. What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are... - Similar Threads - happen try reset

2. What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...: As the title says, i have corrupted files within my windows. It hasn't been much of an issue, nor is it one now, but kinda is? I got a blue screen of death basically, and the error was ntfs.sys, but as it disappeared very quickly, i cant remember 100% but im pretty sure the...
  3. What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will happen if i try to reset my PC from within the settings if windows files are...: As the title says, i have corrupted files within my windows. It hasn't been much of an issue, nor is it one now, but kinda is? I got a blue screen of death basically, and the error was ntfs.sys, but as it disappeared very quickly, i cant remember 100% but im pretty sure the...
  4. What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC?: What happens if I select delete files from all drives when resetting a Windows 11 PC? Does it only delete every files and everything to look like new device, or is there something wrong with doing it?...
  5. Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?: For my work I need to probably reset a laptop that has bitlocker enabled bitlocker requested on boot. I find this impossible to believe but 40 mins of searching the internet gave me no conclusive answers. We have the code and the recovery key - but my question is can I...
  6. What happens if I reset my pc?

What happens if I reset my pc?: Will my softwares like ms office,Adobe Photoshop, Camtasia be deleted if I reset my pc? Please answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-reset-my-pc/4065ccf8-ed12-4419-8c34-766ff4db16e4
  7. What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's happening to my PC during factory reset?: Hey y'all, I have a regular Dell laptop using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor. I initiated a factory reset, but I did it through Windows itself and not the bios. I clicked on Start, went to System Recovery, and launched the reset tool. I picked Fully Clean The...
  8. what happens to windows if i reset my comp.

what happens to windows if i reset my comp.: I want to ask that if i reset my comp, by chosing deleting files, folder, setting apps and also wiping out all drives ..Then is it going to remove my windows too??Or it will delete everything except my windows iso??...
  9. Laptop reset - what will happen to my files on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop reset - what will happen to my files on OneDrive?: I want to reset my laptop. I have files on the OneDrive folder on it, which are synced to the Cloud and to my desktop. I've noticed hat, as expected, if I delete a file on the laptop's OneDrive folder, it also disappears from the corresponding desktop's OneDrive folder. Based...
  10. This happened after i reset windows from settings. What to do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happened after i reset windows from settings. What to do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Romlow_1995 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnyz1e/this_happened_after_i_reset_windows_from_settings/