Windows 10: What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC?

Discus and support What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is too slow at the moment. I want to know that is it safe to reset/refresh the PC. My laptop came with window 8. Now updated to Window 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Genghis Khan 2016, Oct 16, 2018.

1. What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC?

My laptop is too slow at the moment. I want to know that is it safe to reset/refresh the PC. My laptop came with window 8. Now updated to Window 10.

Several Questions are also in the mind:

1. Why it seems that my PC is consuming the more space day by day. I mean I am not downloading or saving the files from any external source but It seems like window is making storage less and less day by day. How to check or monitor the storage?

2.Backup: Should I backup the current version of window 10 to external hard drive before resetting the PC(there is Recovery drive D which was partitioned when I purchased the new laptop back in 2013?

3. I have hard drive 1 TB Transcend and it is filled with 500 GB files and folders can I backup the current window to this hard drive, Will I lose the data of hard drive by backing up or it is safe to backup the window in the hard drive?

:)

Genghis Khan 2016, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC?

1. What will happen to the updated window 10(Laptop came with window 8) by resetting the PC? - Similar Threads - happen updated window

2. Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10: Earlier i attempted to uninstall mcafee and update my graphics drivers and when i reset my laptop it bricked it and just kept giving me "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" no matter what i did, so as a last resort i created a recovery drive on my old lenovo, that solved the problem of my...
  3. Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10: Earlier i attempted to uninstall mcafee and update my graphics drivers and when i reset my laptop it bricked it and just kept giving me "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" no matter what i did, so as a last resort i created a recovery drive on my old lenovo, that solved the problem of my...
  4. What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a doubt, What will happen to the apps pre-installed In my pc when I upgrade to Windows 11.I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3505, In windows update settings It is showing that ' This PC Can Run windows 11. When i Upgrade to windows 11, what will happen to the apps came with...
  5. What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a doubt, What will happen to the apps pre-installed In my pc when I upgrade to Windows 11.I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3505, In windows update settings It is showing that ' This PC Can Run windows 11. When i Upgrade to windows 11, what will happen to the apps came with...
  6. What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?: For my work I need to probably reset a laptop that has bitlocker enabled bitlocker requested on boot. I find this impossible to believe but 40 mins of searching the internet gave me no conclusive answers. We have the code and the recovery key - but my question is can I...
  8. Laptop reset, what happens to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop reset, what happens to Windows 10?: Hello, I wanted to ask what happens to my windows when I reset my laptop to factory default. If the windows 10 remains on it/ it reinstalls itself or I have to reload it. The problem is that it is older and from my brother and I don't have the whole Windows 10 stuff to...
  9. Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8

Installing windows X on laptop that originally came with windows 8: Hi, I have a dell xps L322X laptop which came with windows 8. The laptop is too slow now even with SSD installed. Below the laptop is a metal flap saying windows 8 but with no windows key like older laptops. It has a serial number of the hardware. The laptop is now windows x...
  10. Windows 10 - Reset PC not happening

Windows 10 - Reset PC not happening: I have windows 10 preinstalled in my laptop. The Laptop has become very slow , I wanted to do a Reset PC to factory state. Upon selecting the Reset PC option from the windows menu it takes me thru all the steps , am hour later it ends up with "could not reset the PC" no...