Windows 10: What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display...

Discus and support What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How long can Microsoft update the AMD display drivers? Today's AMD drivers are too cruel now. These Advanced Micro Devices display drivers coming from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phú Nguyễn Quang, May 27, 2022.

1. What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display...

How long can Microsoft update the AMD display drivers? Today's AMD drivers are too cruel now. These Advanced Micro Devices display drivers coming from AMD's installer is much better than Microsoft WU's. It's coming with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition - the shiny new app intended for gamers - and they're dated little than a tick up-to-date. Microsoft Update Catalog's AMD display driver is ****: they're August 2021 old 30.0.13014.7002 than today's Adrenalin 22.5.1 WHQL - Windows Update push the older driver dead.

:)

Phú Nguyễn Quang, May 27, 2022

2. Stop AMD Display Driver

Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board.

I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of drivers.

So far:

1. I went to safe mode, unistalled driver from Device Manager with delete files option. After this laptop is working fine.

2. Registry - I have added following

ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate - set to 1 under

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

3. Control panel - Advance System Settings - Device Installation Settings - Set automatic download to No.

Despite step 2 and step 3 , reboot brings back the AMD Driver under Display Drivers and I have just few seconds before I uninstall or computer hangs ( after which its the whole drill of safe mode, uninstall driver .. and in safe mode also it hangs if I lose
    the race against the pc after which screen hangs ).

Side note - To play around, I also noticed that even I do hardware scan in Device Manager, AMD Radeon comes back immediately. But since I am there, I uninstall before PC hangs.

So what I need ?

Disable AMD Radeon display forever.

Stop auto update of AMD driver.

Ensure that windows updates comes through without downloading AMD.

HimanshuPuri12, May 27, 2022
  3. perkinw Win User
    What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

An engineer at Adobe is helping me diagnose a problem with Photoshop. He suggested that I disable my AMD card from device manager and run Photoshop on the integrated graphics to see if the issue persists.

When I check Device Manager, I see only one display adapter listed:

What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display... [​IMG]

Shouldn't the integrated graphics also be listed? If AMD is my only display adapter, I am reluctant to disable it.

Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

perkinw, May 27, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display...

Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Tenforo, May 27, 2022
Thema:

What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display...

1. What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display... - Similar Threads - happens must stop

2. why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver: I manually install AMD's adrenaline software and make my display as I wish. But every time when updating Windows, this stupid AMD display driver automatically installed and wipes out Adrenaline software and makes the display dull ..Again I install Adrenaline software and make...
  3. why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why I cant stop update of AMD Display Driver: I manually install AMD's adrenaline software and make my display as I wish. But every time when updating Windows, this stupid AMD display driver automatically installed and wipes out Adrenaline software and makes the display dull ..Again I install Adrenaline software and make...
  4. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  5. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  6. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. what happens if you don't activate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what happens if you don't activate windows?: So, I learned from a youtube video that you can install windows without a license and use it without many changes except personalization being deactivated after some time.I'm asking mostly for virtual machine-related stuff, since I'm currently a linux userI do have an...
  8. what happens if you don't activate windows?

what happens if you don't activate windows?: So, I learned from a youtube video that you can install windows without a license and use it without many changes except personalization being deactivated after some time.I'm asking mostly for virtual machine-related stuff, since I'm currently a linux userI do have an...
  9. What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happens if you must stop Windows Updates on laptops to prevent AMD display...: How long can Microsoft update the AMD display drivers? Today's AMD drivers are too cruel now. These Advanced Micro Devices display drivers coming from AMD's installer is much better than Microsoft WU's. It's coming with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition - the shiny new app...
  10. Stop AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop AMD Display Driver: Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board. I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of...