Windows 10: What will replace Flash?

Discus and support What will replace Flash? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have read that Adobe Flash will no longer be used in Microsoft Edge and Edge Dev starting in 2020 with it being faded out now. What will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DenitaArnold_800, Nov 15, 2019.

1. What will replace Flash?

I have read that Adobe Flash will no longer be used in Microsoft Edge and Edge Dev starting in 2020

with it being faded out now. What will be affected and what will replace it with games, etc? I've been

using the Edge Dev.

Another problem I have is I can no longer use Chrome because it no longer runs when I click on it. It only shows my profile

pic. I had followed some instructions from the community, and it works OK for awhile, but then it goes back to not

connecting and only shows my Google profile pic.

:)

DenitaArnold_800, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

What will replace Flash?

Flash Player

Hi,

One possible cause why your Flash Player was not working is due to a software conflict. To isolate your issue, we'd to know if you've tried accessing the involved sites using another browser. Does the issue still persist?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to download Flash Player and make sure Flash Player settings is turned on:

• If you see a Blocked Adobe Flash content puzzle piece near the Favorites button, click it, then either
      Allow once or Always allow to allow Flash on the page.
    • If you don't see a Blocked Adobe Flash content puzzle piece but you do not see a note to download flash on the page, click the download link and Edge should enable the puzzle piece so you can follow step 1.

Let us know if you need further assistance

Rose Cal, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

What will replace Flash?

1. What will replace Flash? - Similar Threads - replace Flash

2. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  3. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  4. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  6. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  7. Flash is installed but all flash embeds are replaced with blue i icon

Flash is installed but all flash embeds are replaced with blue i icon: Flash is installed but all flash embeds are replaced with blue i information icon. And I am using a web browser called Basilisk that supports flash. Is a windows update by microsoft blocking the flash player from running? Why is this happening? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 174636
  8. I must replace the main HDD because of a crash. I am forced to use a flash drive to use...

I must replace the main HDD because of a crash. I am forced to use a flash drive to use...: The DVD burners are Life's Good products, in new condition. Specifically, M-Disc LG GH24HNSC0B 24X Internal DVD Rewritable Drives. The manufacturer assures me there is no firmware physically in the drive. They are reported to be plug and play compatible. I personally...
  9. Flash player how can i replace it on my computer windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flash player how can i replace it on my computer windows 10: what will replace flash player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-how-can-i-replace-it-on-my-computer/1faeeb95-5691-4e63-95c5-effc18c54a0b
  10. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...