Windows 10: What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine?

Discus and support What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What features will Windows 11 destroy with my current machine? For example, I had a touch screen Windows 8.1 machine that was updated to Windows 10, 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KDCOM_2021, Oct 26, 2021.

1. What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine?

What features will Windows 11 destroy with my current machine? For example, I had a touch screen Windows 8.1 machine that was updated to Windows 10, 6 months after purchase. The touch screen was no longer operable. No advice from MS. I think I will wait. It does not look like there is anything in this upgrade worth risking my current machine that is less than 1 year old. Anyone have features destroyed by Windows 11?

:)

KDCOM_2021, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 26, 2021
  3. yesir360 Win User
    See if cert is local machine or current user?

There seems to be two cert managers. One for Current User at certmgr.msc and another for Local Machine at certlm.msc. From this site here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ificate-stores it says that Local Machine cert entries are also listed in Current User.

What I want to know is, is there a way to tell if a certificate listed in certmgr.msc is Local Machine or Current User? Because deleting a certificate from certmgr.msc would also delete it from Local Machine if it exists as a Local Machine entry. This is especially a problem when you may have duplicate certificates or different Local Machine/Current User certificate entries.

There doesn't seem to be a way within certmgr or certlm to check if a certificate is local to Current User or not. This is a problem when you import a certificate to both Local Machine and Current User, as it shows up only once in certlm.msc but twice in certmgr.msc with no difference between the two. You would not know which one to delete if you wanted to remove Current User's version only.

Edit: Seems theres a few roundabout ways...
    Method 1: Check the store locations here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tore-locations and see if you can find stores via their thumbprint...
    Method 2: in cmd type certutil (-user) -(view)store <name of store> as suggested here: Windows certificate stores | Blog. This is ok for seeing if there are specific certs in one store...

Not sure why it has to be so roundabout... if anyone else knows of another method please do tell

yesir360, Oct 26, 2021
  4. What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine?

1. What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine? - Similar Threads - destroy current machine

2. windows 11 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 destroyed my laptop: Here we go again.Hello I am currently having a problem with my display on my laptop, there is a white light/ smear of white light at the edge of my display, I don't know what it is or what caused it. I down know if it will get worse or not.it looks like its getting worst...It...
  3. windows 11 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 destroyed my laptop: Here we go again.Hello I am currently having a problem with my display on my laptop, there is a white light/ smear of white light at the edge of my display, I don't know what it is or what caused it. I down know if it will get worse or not.it looks like its getting worst...It...
  4. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  6. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  7. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  8. lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed: Hi. Thursday night there was a Microsoft update when i shut down my computer. Friday my computer was slower than a TRS80 using dial up! It's is so slow it's insane! Takes me five minutes to open Excel. Takes me another 3 minutes to type a number into a window. Forget about...
  9. lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed: Hi. Thursday night there was a Microsoft update when i shut down my computer. Friday my computer was slower than a TRS80 using dial up! It's is so slow it's insane! Takes me five minutes to open Excel. Takes me another 3 minutes to type a number into a window. Forget about...
  10. What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine?

What will Windows 11 destroy on my current machine?: What features will Windows 11 destroy with my current machine? For example, I had a touch screen Windows 8.1 machine that was updated to Windows 10, 6 months after purchase. The touch screen was no longer operable. No advice from MS. I think I will wait. It does not look like...