Windows 10: What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

Discus and support What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on a tight budget of about $300 max. I want Windows 10 and I'd like Windows Hello face unlock or a fingerprint reader. I might also do some light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Frainian, Mar 2, 2020.

1. What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

/u/Frainian, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

1. What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300? - Similar Threads - laptop should under

2. What monitor resolution should I get?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What monitor resolution should I get?: Not a gamer, but do watch a lot of streaming content. For streaming 1080P and 4K content, and wanting the cleanest/highest resolution, should it be a true 4K monitor (not UHD)- since the pixel count divides closer to an even number? Is there an AMD/other scaling program to...
  3. what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at: hello I was wondering if someone could help me with what Microsoft flight simulator I should get and where should I get it at I'm running windows 11 thanks for help...
  4. what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what Microsoft flight Sim should I get and where should I get it at: hello I was wondering if someone could help me with what Microsoft flight simulator I should get and where should I get it at I'm running windows 11 thanks for help...
  5. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  6. laptop not coming on, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not coming on, what should I do?: hello, so i have a problem with my hp probook 640 G2 i5, 4gb ram laptop. the problem basically started 6th of April when I was just trying to play Asphalt 8 on it, and my laptop was connected to the Internet due to the fact that the game needs Internet connection to work, my...
  7. What antivirus should i get for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What antivirus should i get for my laptop?: Hello, I need help getting a antivirus program for my Windows 10 laptop, I would like it to have the following: Anti-Bloatware Anti-Run on startup (Some spyware can run on startup even if everything that runs on startup is disabled in settings) Anti-Spyware Anti-Malware...
  8. What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?: I want to be able to transfer it. There's a sale in a local retailer now and I'm confused with this OEM and Retail branding. What is the difference between these? I want a Win 10 Pro key which I can transfer from one PCs to another if needs be. submitted by /u/Deranox...
  9. Laptops under 300€?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptops under 300€?: Hey, so I wanted to ask if anyone would recommend me a laptop that would be good for writing reports and watching movies (and maybe play some games like Sims 4 and Minecraft etc.). And Windows 10 best of all It should best cost less than 300€ or at most 350€ thank you...
  10. Under what folder should the diagcab be located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Under what folder should the diagcab be located?: I noticed that the troubleshooting pack cabinet is located under my documents folder. Where should this actually be located? Must have inadvertently moved it but don't know where to put it. Thanks in advance for your reply to solve the issue....