Windows 10: What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

Discus and support What Would Be The Best Way To Do This? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and I am wanting to do a completely new Windows 10 install, swapping/upgrading my OS hard drive to a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ryevick, Dec 10, 2019.

1. ryevick Win User

What Would Be The Best Way To Do This?

I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and I am wanting to do a completely new Windows 10 install, swapping/upgrading my OS hard drive to a brand new SSD...

and I want to make sure there is a hidden recovery partition after new Windows install.

I was told to use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to do all of this. That it could be used to create a bootable USB Flash drive and reinstall Windows 10 on the SSD while automatically installing a recovery partition.

1) Can I just take out the current drive, put in the new SSD and use the bootable USB to accomplish all of this?

2) How would I access the recovery partition if I needed to in the future? The same way I have before with my Acer laptop?

What would be best for this?

Thanks

:)

ryevick, Dec 10, 2019
  2. xubidoo Win User

Memory Upgrade, what fits my goal ?

id suggest a new PSU is 1st on the list ,no way a 300w PSU is going to run those specs.

xubidoo, Dec 10, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. Mussels Win User

The P35 Chipset Club

double post (sorry) but another good way is to sort it by FSB, so that people can look to the top of the list to see the best OC'er in each category.

possibly sort it out by core type as well?

Kentsfield (B-3 stepping)
    Kentsfield (g0 stepping)
    Conroe
    Conroe 1333 FSB (e6x50 line)
    Allendale (2M 800FSB)

its an idea, but the list is somewhat short at the moment so it may be pointless til it gets bigger.

Mussels, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. What Would Be The Best Way To Do This? - Similar Threads - Best

2. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  3. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  4. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What are the best AI Voice Assistants on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    What are the best AI Voice Assistants on Windows 11?: [IMG]In this article, we have curated some of the best AI voice assistants for Windows 11/10 and evaluated their features to help you choose the right one for your needs. AI voice assistants have completely changed how we communicate with our Windows devices. While they offer...
  6. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  7. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  8. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  10. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321