Windows 10: what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values

Discus and support what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded win10 preview and installed on a virtualbox VM running on a Win7 system. And when i check the Registry entry of Win10 , i see 6.3 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sumanp25, Jun 13, 2015.

1. sumanp25 Win User

what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values

I downloaded win10 preview and installed on a virtualbox VM running on a Win7 system.
    And when i check the Registry entry of Win10 , i see 6.3 as version, but in the screen shot that you provided here it shows 6.4. Which one is correct?
    and what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values for the final version of Windows 10 ? Please let us know.

what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values [​IMG]

I also wrote a piece of C# code in .NET 4.5 just to display the OS versions.
    private
    voidbutton1_Click(objectsender,EventArgse)
    {
    label1.Text =
    Environment.OSVersion.Version.Major.ToString();
    label2.Text =
    Environment.OSVersion.Version.Minor.ToString();
    label3.Text =
    Environment.OSVersion.Version.MajorRevision.ToString();
    label4.Text =
    Environment.OSVersion.Version.MinorRevision.ToString();
    }
    And here is the result that I get on the win10 preview and installed on a virtualbox VM running on a Win7 system

what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values [​IMG]

So it looks like there is no consistency. Please let us know Major version, Minor version, Architecture values for the final version of Windows 10

:)

sumanp25, Jun 13, 2015
  2. JohnFel Win User

Domain Joined Windows 8.1 PC Cant Upgrade To Windows 10

<SupportedConfigurations>

<SupportedOS>

<!-- Name is not used by the code but might be helpful in identifying the OS that is described by these parameters -->

<!-- ExcludedSuite, RequiredSuite, and RequiredProductType are the numbers as specified in the OSVERSIONINFOEX structure -->

<!-- Architecture is the number as specified in the SYSTEM_INFO structure -->

<OS id="1" Name="Windows XP SP2, x86" Major="5" Minor="1" Build="2600" SPMajor="3" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="0"/>

<OS id="2" Name="Windows XP SP2, AMD64" Major="5" Minor="2" Build="3790" SPMajor="2" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="9"/>

<OS id="3" Name="Windows Vista, x86" Major="6" Minor="0" Build="6002" SPMajor="2" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="0"/>

<OS id="4" Name="Windows Vista, AMD64" Major="6" Minor="0" Build="6002" SPMajor="2" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="9"/>

<OS id="5" Name="Windows 7, AMD64" Major="6" Minor="1" Build="7000" SPMajor="" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="9"/>

<OS id="6" Name="Windows 7, x86" Major="6" Minor="1" Build="7000" SPMajor="" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="0"/>

<OS id="7" Name="Windows 8, AMD64" Major="6" Minor="2" Build="8400" SPMajor="" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="9"/>

<OS id="8" Name="Windows 8, x86" Major="6" Minor="2" Build="8400" SPMajor="" SPMinor="" ExcludedSuite="512" RequiredSuite="" RequiredProductType="1" Architecture="0"/>

<OS Architecture="9" RequiredProductType="1" RequiredSuite="" ExcludedSuite="512" SPMinor="" SPMajor="" Build="10240" Minor="0" Major="10" Name="Windows 10, AMD64" id="9"/>

<OS Architecture="0" RequiredProductType="1" RequiredSuite="" ExcludedSuite="512" SPMinor="" SPMajor="" Build="10240" Minor="0" Major="10" Name="Windows 10, x86" id="10"/>

</SupportedOS>

</SupportedConfigurations>

JohnFel, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Wishlist for Nokia 5800 V21+

So you've seen that 5800 has it's new update V21.0.025 up and running and we can see some changes/Updates but not major ones..

What major updates would you love to see in you Nokia 5800's other upcoming Versions ? (minor ones aswell)

[/i]

aronpresley, Jun 13, 2015
Thema:

what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values

1. what would be the Major version, Minor version, Architecture values - Similar Threads - Major version Minor

2. How to find window 11 and window server 2022 major version and minor version from official...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find window 11 and window server 2022 major version and minor version from official...: I found the build version from https://www.anoopcnair.com/windows-11-version-numbers-build-numbers-major/ I'm not sure, are there any Microsoft official websites that have information about the build version number?...
  3. How to find window 11 and window server 2022 major version and minor version from official...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find window 11 and window server 2022 major version and minor version from official...: I found the build version from https://www.anoopcnair.com/windows-11-version-numbers-build-numbers-major/ I'm not sure, are there any Microsoft official websites that have information about the build version number?...
  4. Windows 10 version 21H1 could be a minor update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 21H1 could be a minor update: Windows 10 version 20H2 is still rolling out and it will take a while before most devices are updated to the new feature update for Windows. Microsoft provides a glimpse of things to come with Insider releases as future Windows 10 feature updates are already being worked on....
  5. Microsoft Edge (latest version) minor problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge (latest version) minor problem: I am not sure what is the problem with this information on Microsoft Edge. Yes I am using the latest version of Edge. Here is the information below that show on the monitor about the problem. Your connection isn't secure This site uses an outdated security configuration...
  6. Upgrading major version of windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upgrading major version of windows.: I need help with upgrading major version of windows. I am on Win 10 pro 64-bit version 1903, and nothing else is being offered in Settings->Windows Update. I have read all sorts of instructions on microsoft's site, and can't find anything concrete or understandable. The...
  7. Is the May 2020 Update a Major or Minor Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the May 2020 Update a Major or Minor Update?: Could someone confirm whether the May 2020 update for Windows 10 is a major update that basically installs a new version of Windows which usually results in some settings being lost like the exact layout of the task manager, etc. Or is it a minor update which is just a...
  8. What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade: Microsoft has remained tight-lipped about Windows 10 19H2’s current development status, but according to Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10’s last feature update of 2019 will be finalized in a few days. Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) rollout should start next...
  9. When is the major W10 version update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When is the major W10 version update?: I heard rumor that there is a major version update of Windows 10 coming up. Do we know when this is going to happen yet? 79554
  10. what windows 10 version would be in retail stores today?

in Windows 10 Support
    what windows 10 version would be in retail stores today?: hi i was wondering has anyone recent bought windows 10 full version retail at stores like best buy or staples or other pc stores? if so what version is it like anniversary or creator update maybe first shipped windows 10 2015? 91291