Windows 10: What would cause this? Happens quite often, mouse flashes off and on

Discus and support What would cause this? Happens quite often, mouse flashes off and on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fakeunicornboy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fakeunicornboy, Nov 21, 2020.

1. What would cause this? Happens quite often, mouse flashes off and on

/u/fakeunicornboy, Nov 21, 2020

2. Mouse quit working

Hi Belinda,

Some possible reasons why a mouse would stop working could be an outdated driver, incompatibility of your device with your computer, or hardware issue. Kindly verify the following to help us isolate the cause of your concern.

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.) While it's likely
      you already have the most recent driver for your mouse after a Windows 10 update, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating its driver or reinstalling it. Here's how:
    • Select the Start button
    • Type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• Have you tried connecting a different mouse to your computer? Same issue?
    • What about when you connect that problem mouse to a different computer?
    • Have you done the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If not, we suggest you do by following the steps below:

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on

Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All

on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next

and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same when you're using a different Internet browser?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Joanna 777, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Connecting USB flash drive causes wireless keyboard and mouse to freeze

2 week old HP All-In-One worked fine until today - connecting a USB flash drive or portable hard drive causes the HP wireless mouse and keyboard to stop working - unplug the flash drive and the mouse/keyboard works again... any ideas or suggestions ?

RoamingGnome, Nov 21, 2020
  4. What would cause this? Happens quite often, mouse flashes off and on

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

What would cause this? Happens quite often, mouse flashes off and on

1. What would cause this? Happens quite often, mouse flashes off and on - Similar Threads - cause Happens quite

2. What would cause this? These errors keep happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would cause this? These errors keep happening: I checked for Windows updates and the driver updates that I know how to check. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of a game, and sometimes the computer is idle and it will auto-restart. This last time with these error messages, I was playing a game and the screen...
  3. What would cause this? These errors keep happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would cause this? These errors keep happening: I checked for Windows updates and the driver updates that I know how to check. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of a game, and sometimes the computer is idle and it will auto-restart. This last time with these error messages, I was playing a game and the screen...
  4. Windows crashes quite often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes quite often: Please help me out here, thanks!Here's some information:Laptop: ROG Strix GL502From Event Viewer, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e 0x0000000000000037, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  5. Windows crashes quite often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes quite often: Please help me out here, thanks!Here's some information:Laptop: ROG Strix GL502From Event Viewer, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e 0x0000000000000037, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  6. Windows crashes quite often

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. This happens quite often

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happens quite often: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zosumx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltx5g7/this_happens_quite_often/
  8. This happens quite often and is really effecting annoying. Is there a solution?

This happens quite often and is really effecting annoying. Is there a solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AGhostOfThePast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kga51i/this_happens_quite_often_and_is_really_effecting/
  9. This happens quite often and i have no idea whats causing it. Please help

This happens quite often and i have no idea whats causing it. Please help: [IMG] submitted by /u/AGhostOfThePast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2u1sg/this_happens_quite_often_and_i_have_no_idea_whats/
  10. What would happen?

What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...