Windows 10: What would cause Windows 10 in its entirety to lag like this on HDR? Is there a solution...

Discus and support What would cause Windows 10 in its entirety to lag like this on HDR? Is there a solution... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OmegaMalkior [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OmegaMalkior, Jun 2, 2020.

1. What would cause Windows 10 in its entirety to lag like this on HDR? Is there a solution...

/u/OmegaMalkior, Jun 2, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Jun 2, 2020
  3. PDRHDR Win User
    HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

I have an Aorus AD27QD (HDR) monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P (Non-HDR) as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely
    washed out. Coming out of full screen fixes this. If HDR is not enabled full screen shows the colors perfectly normally.

Secondarily, with windows HDR on on the Aorus, the colors dim pretty drastically. HDR content great but anything that isnt HDR is dim enough to make me question if my brightness is turned down. (Its not, its 90/100). The white of a plain browser window
    seems so dim its nearly grey. I also tested this on what I know is a particularly vibrant (non-HDR) . HDR on? Terrible and muted. HDR off? Bright and vibrant.

I have played with in-monitor settings, nvidia control panel, factory reset of monitor, basically everything I can think of. Everything points to it being a windows issue.

I also tried out the suggestions from this post. And it pointed me to this
    set of OS release notes
    which didnt solve my issue either.

I could really use some help because I am really feeling like I wasted my money on this monitor.

PC:

i5 7600k

GTX 1080ti

16GB 3000Hz Corsair RAM

Windows, CPU and GPU on latest drivers available.

Monitors:

LG 34UM88-P (HDMI)

Aorus AD27QD (DisplayPort)

PDRHDR, Jun 2, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

What would cause Windows 10 in its entirety to lag like this on HDR? Is there a solution...

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

What would cause Windows 10 in its entirety to lag like this on HDR? Is there a solution...

1. What would cause Windows 10 in its entirety to lag like this on HDR? Is there a solution... - Similar Threads - cause entirety lag

2. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would cause a software not to open?: I installed Iriun Webcam version 8.2.4 about 2 hours ago and I have been here since, trying to open it. It just won't open. What could be the problem?...
  3. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would cause a software not to open?: I installed Iriun Webcam version 8.2.4 about 2 hours ago and I have been here since, trying to open it. It just won't open. What could be the problem?...
  4. What would cause a software not to open?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :: 1 problem is this: Video.UI 6872, D,2 A52F7EE9-7DD1-4EGA-980B-6C4E9F2D662FJ; The database [CAUsers\edgar \AppData\ Local Packages\ Microsoft.ZuneVideo_&wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalState\Database¡anonymous\mp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 0x22d8 due to application...
  6. I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :: 1 problem is this: Video.UI 6872, D,2 A52F7EE9-7DD1-4EGA-980B-6C4E9F2D662FJ; The database [CAUsers\edgar \AppData\ Local Packages\ Microsoft.ZuneVideo_&wekyb3d8bbwe\ LocalState\Database¡anonymous\mp.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 0x22d8 due to application...
  7. I would like to ask whats is causing these problems :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 HDR lag and stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDR lag and stutter: I got a samsung qled 70r - when i turn on windows 10's HDR, videos i stream on youtube and netflix app stutter and lag... I tried lowering 60hz to 30hz and 24hz and playing with every combo of RGB and chroma but nothing works However, if i turn HDR off and use madvr's with...
  9. What i would like A.S.A.P. in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    What i would like A.S.A.P. in Windows 10: hi guys, what would be nice is a split in the taskbar in the middle and you point your mouse to it and "voil " you have another screen. Better one has already the left corner attack (left or right mouse click), we could use the right corner for the Charms Bar as was....
  10. What would you like to see in Window 9?

in Windows 10 Support
    What would you like to see in Window 9?: Tell us what you would like to see in Windows 9 For me... A metro/modern UI off switch A real start menu Full Kinect integration so I can control the PC by waving my arms like a mad man. 1307