Windows 10: What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

Discus and support What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jaxon Carpenter, Apr 16, 2022.

1. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my computer only has 100 GB. What else can I do to clear up a lot of space?

:)

Jaxon Carpenter, Apr 16, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 16, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 16, 2022
  4. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

1. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder? - Similar Threads - happen delete SWTOOLS

2. What happens if I delete system32 folder in non-OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if I delete system32 folder in non-OS SSD?: Will it affect my PC? That drive doesn't even use Windows its just there for storage it use to run OS but I use an SSD now Is it safe to delete?...
  3. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  4. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  5. What would happen in future windows?

What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  6. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  7. What would happen if i uninstalled my cpu/igpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What would happen if i uninstalled my cpu/igpu: I just was wondering what would happen because i was in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-would-happen-if-i-uninstalled-my-cpuigpu/c16a3b0f-e416-4287-ab5f-0f184ad50d51
  8. What would happen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...
  9. what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk

what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk: what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk..i want to do this because i want to update windows 10 ..my laptop is low in storage that's why..how can i delete this folder..i have copied windows folder to usb drive also to delete this folder...
  10. What happened to the folder "My Documents" ?

What happened to the folder "My Documents" ?: What happened to the folder “My Documents” in windows 10? Is it now called just plain “Documents”? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-folder-my-documents/993225f9-f41d-4c00-9e46-39fab947577e"