Windows 10: What would happen if I shut off my PC during a graphics driver update?

Discus and support What would happen if I shut off my PC during a graphics driver update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night, I was updating my AMD drivers using the auto-detect and install software from the official AMD website and suddenly my screen went blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shortyboii88, Jan 16, 2021.

1. What would happen if I shut off my PC during a graphics driver update?

Last night, I was updating my AMD drivers using the auto-detect and install software from the official AMD website and suddenly my screen went blank which I knew was normal but it was off for too long that I decided to shut my PC down and then booted up just fine. I decided to uninstall the AMD chipset software and the 'AMD software' that were made by said auto-detect and install software. Would there be any other problems?

submitted by /u/shortyboii88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shortyboii88, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

What would happen if I shut off my PC during a graphics driver update?

1. What would happen if I shut off my PC during a graphics driver update? - Similar Threads - happen shut off

2. What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?: My power cut off and when i turned my pc on again it says “undoing changes that happened to your computer” roughly translated from greek to english...
  3. What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?: My power cut off and when i turned my pc on again it says “undoing changes that happened to your computer” roughly translated from greek to english...
  4. What happens if your PC Restarts/Shuts down during windows security update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset: Last night I decided to reset my laptop and give it a fresh start. It was halfway done when the laptop fell and the screen completely gave out. After that happened I force shut down the laptop because what else could be done at that point ‍♂️It wasn’t possible to even use a...
  6. What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

What's happening to my PC during factory reset?: Hey y'all, I have a regular Dell laptop using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor. I initiated a factory reset, but I did it through Windows itself and not the bios. I clicked on Start, went to System Recovery, and launched the reset tool. I picked Fully Clean The...
  7. What would happen?

What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...
  8. Laptop was shut off during an update

Laptop was shut off during an update: Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue. -Wont allow me to reset/restore PC...
  9. Didn’t know what would happen if I restarted my PC while updating

Didn’t know what would happen if I restarted my PC while updating: [IMG]Im actually scared if i bricked my computer. it was installing a windows update and i turned it off for a dumb reason... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-know-what-would-happen-if-i-restarted-my-pc/54d39991-644c-4b1c-8849-eb5e50bba8b0
  10. Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?: So a bsod occured, and it says it is 0 percent complete for a while, so can i shut off my pc instead? It says system_thread_exception_not_handled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-shut-off-my-pc-during-a-bsod/56d8f0d4-2e02-43cd-b558-618fc5b67ffb