Windows 10: What would Happen If Microsoft and Steam Became Partners?

Discus and support What would Happen If Microsoft and Steam Became Partners? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few days ago we saw Microsoft release 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' through Windows Store, which shows that the Store could finally have a proper use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ARC1020, Jan 29, 2016.

1. ARC1020 Win User

What would Happen If Microsoft and Steam Became Partners?

A few days ago we saw Microsoft release 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' through Windows Store, which shows that the Store could finally have a proper use rather than to just peddle a selection of cheap tack software and games.

The problem is though, let's say you have a new user who's completely new to gaming. Without a games collection already, they could buy this game through the Windows Store and all would be well, except the problem is that it's only one game. If they wanted to buy any other decent games later on, then they would have to buy them elsewhere anyway, because they're not available in Windows Store. So that kinda goes against the point of a Digital Store, as it will split the users game collection.

If on the other-hand you have a user who's not new to gaming and already has games on Steam, then they're also not going to want to buy this through Windows Store either, as it's only one game and all their other games are already stored on Steam. Therefore, there would be little point in splitting their collection and thus would just buy it through Steam anyway.

Obviously Microsoft could in theory just fill their store with decent games (and software), which although would draw in people who don't already have a game collection, it's too late for the vast majority of PC gamers who already have all their games on Steam.

So, I wonder what would happen if Microsoft and Steam to formed a partnership?

From Microsoft's perspective, it would overcome the problem of people who have already invested in Steam and already have their games on there (which is a lot of PC gamers).

From Steam's perspective, it would mean they get to have a store front pre-installed on every Windows 10 device and also they'd be able to offload a bulk of their digital store costs to Microsoft.

From a consumers perspective, it would be easy to buy games through the Windows Store without having to split their current game collection, they wouldn't need to install any third-party software as the Store and update mechanism's are already built into Windows, they get to keep all their games and software in one place which makes it easier when it comes to re-installing Windows or buying a new PC/device. And if 'Buy Once, Play Anywhere' is introduced, then it would mean they'd be able to buy a game and install it on any of their devices that they're signed into (I.E. Xbox, PC and even phone in the future when we all have i7 x64 Windows phones in our pockets *Smile )

Admittedly, I'm not a hardcore gamer, so my point-of-view is a layman's view, but could this be feasible? Both companies have something that would be useful to the other and surely two companies working together would be more efficient than both working against each other?

:)

ARC1020, Jan 29, 2016

2. What things going to be happen if i would disconnect facebook from my Windows Phone ?

Your Facebook friends will be removed from People and you will not see Facebook updates.

Account is down, Jan 29, 2016
  3. What things going to be happen if i would disconnect facebook from my Windows Phone ?

I want to deactivate the facebook. But it is connected with the windows phone .

And then it is obvious that it shows me an error when i am going to see news from my windows phone

I want to delete facebook account from my windows phone, so what things going to be happen with my device .

1st most important thing is , I want all contacts

What should i have to do ?

Please help

Nitin_9913, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

OS - Steamsoft 11 x64 *Smile

Stephanie, Jan 30, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    That's somewhat more catchier than MicroSoon. *Biggrin

ARC1020, Jan 30, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Here's what I think would happen. Microsoft would charge steam $10 for each game purchased through the Microsoft digital store and Steam would charge Microsoft $10 for each game purchased for the increased digital store traffic - and Joe User would end up paying $20 more for each game.

NavyLCDR, Feb 1, 2016
  7. Dude Win User
    Ouch, they are already to expensive. Don't want that

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What would Happen If Microsoft and Steam Became Partners? - Similar Threads - Happen Microsoft Steam

2. What would cause this? These errors keep happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would cause this? These errors keep happening: I checked for Windows updates and the driver updates that I know how to check. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of a game, and sometimes the computer is idle and it will auto-restart. This last time with these error messages, I was playing a game and the screen...
  3. What would cause this? These errors keep happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would cause this? These errors keep happening: I checked for Windows updates and the driver updates that I know how to check. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of a game, and sometimes the computer is idle and it will auto-restart. This last time with these error messages, I was playing a game and the screen...
  4. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  5. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  6. What happened to Microsoft Assure????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to Microsoft Assure????: I paid for telephone help and now the number I used to use to get it 1 800 642-7676 directs me to online help which will 100% not fix my problem. I need to speak to tech support!!! I PAID for it!!!!...
  7. What happened? All my files became read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened? All my files became read only: So ran my work computer, ran unity, I got a messagebox saying that I should move my project folder's to another place as it could be read only where it was. I thought it was odd, checked the project folder in explorer and sure enough, it was marked as read "read only" and...
  8. What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...: Would it prompt you to set up a local account? or prompt you to sign up/log in to another Microsoft account or would some sort of error occur? I am curious....
  9. What would happen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...
  10. What’s happening at Microsoft ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What’s happening at Microsoft ?: Hi Microsoft There is a saying that you dont fix things unless it is broke. Windows 7 was great. So was XP and, before it, Windows 95. The rest of your OS are just duds, especially Vistra. Each cohorts of Microsoft try to justify their existence by developing new OS. The...