Windows 10: What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...

Discus and support What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Would it prompt you to set up a local account? or prompt you to sign up/log in to another Microsoft account or would some sort of error occur? I am... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Z3roHour, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Z3roHour Win User

What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...

Would it prompt you to set up a local account? or prompt you to sign up/log in to another Microsoft account or would some sort of error occur? I am curious.

:)

Z3roHour, Aug 8, 2020

2. Deleting Microsoft account

Hi Gene,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, the prompt might be because as you have mentioned that you have not logged in to the account for long period and we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know where exactly you are getting the error message?
    2. Are you using Microsoft or local account to login to Windows?
    3. If Microsoft account, may I know which Microsoft account are you using to login to Windows

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to unlink your Microsoft business account from Gmail Microsoft account (If Microsoft Business account is linked to Gmail account).

1. Log on to primary
      Microsoft account
      (Gmail).
    2. Go to Your Info > Contact Info.
    3. Click on Manage email address.
    4. Then try removing secondary account.

If you are trying to remove the account from the device, we would suggest you to refer

To close your account
    under the section
    To remove an email account
    and To remove an account used by apps and check if it helps.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Aug 8, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 8, 2020
  4. No Tendo Win User

What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft...

What happens when you remove a PC from your microsoft account remotely?

I just want to know, what happens when you remove a PC from your Microsoft Account remotely using

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

I can't find any documentation anywhere beyond how to remove the device, how to wipe the device and how to locate the device. Nothing about what happens to the device after it has been removed from the account remotely via

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

I'm also curious about:

• What happens if it's the only account on the PC and a local account was never set up on firstboot?
    • What happens if the removed account is the Admin account and other accounts are local Standard User accounts?

No Tendo, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. What would happen if you deleted your Microsoft account and it is the only Microsoft... - Similar Threads - happen deleted Microsoft

2. If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...: Curious as I've seen no answers regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-a-gmail-that-was-used-to-make-a-microsoft/9ffe3234-21d7-415c-a7d4-112cfea0bce5
  3. If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...: Curious as I've seen no answers regarding this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-a-gmail-that-was-used-to-make-a-microsoft/9ffe3234-21d7-415c-a7d4-112cfea0bce5
  4. If a gmail that was used to make a microsoft account was deleted, would the microsoft...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?: I bought new laptop then mistakenly created Microsoft account with someones gmail Id and also registered my laptop device in that Microsoft account ,so I got panicked and totally reseted my new laptop now I cannot login to that account because recovery mail is going to that...
  6. What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?

What happens if your Laptop device is logged in to someone’s Microsoft account ?: I bought new laptop then mistakenly created Microsoft account with someones gmail Id and also registered my laptop device in that Microsoft account ,so I got panicked and totally reseted my new laptop now I cannot login to that account because recovery mail is going to that...
  7. This is what happens if your Microsoft account is hijacked -- isn't it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is what happens if your Microsoft account is hijacked -- isn't it?: Last month, my Microsoft account was hacked. I realized this when PayPal sent $200 to Microsoft for Xbox software, and I don't have an Xbox. When I tried signing-in to my Microsoft account, the password didn't work and the password reset validation never arrived in my email...
  8. This is what happens if your Microsoft account is hijacked -- isn't it?

This is what happens if your Microsoft account is hijacked -- isn't it?: Last month, my Microsoft account was hacked. I realized this when PayPal sent $200 to Microsoft for Xbox software, and I don't have an Xbox. When I tried signing-in to my Microsoft account, the password didn't work and the password reset validation never arrived in my email...
  9. What would happen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...
  10. What would Happen If Microsoft and Steam Became Partners?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would Happen If Microsoft and Steam Became Partners?: A few days ago we saw Microsoft release 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' through Windows Store, which shows that the Store could finally have a proper use rather than to just peddle a selection of cheap tack software and games. The problem is though, let's say you have a new user...