Windows 10: What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like?

Discus and support What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Asume you have afresh install of Windows 10 and the follong disk drive configuration: C: 2TB internal SSD Bootable with Windows 10 D: 2TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Magnus.s, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Magnus.s Win User

What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like?

Hi all,

Asume you have afresh install of Windows 10 and the follong disk drive configuration:

C: 2TB internal SSD Bootable with Windows 10

D: 2TB internal HDD

E: 2TB external SSD

I am thinking about using the external SSD as My documents and storing all my personal files and folders there, no partitions. Then use a backup program to back up the external SSD to the internal HDD in a readable file/folder copy backup solution.

How would you set them up?

Partitions? Raid?

Pros? Cons?

What does your current configuration look like?

:)

Magnus.s, Oct 27, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to run disk optimization in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to optimize the drive?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to use Administrator account to perform Optimization and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to Search, type services.msc and hit Enter

• Make sure that following services are set to Automatic:

• Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

• DCOM Server Process Launcher.

• RPC Endpoint Mapper.

And also refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2020
  4. What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like?

Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

Interestingly enough, after some testing I can confirm what is really causing this weirdness indeed is the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Fact is, at a specific moment as will be shown below, it will not add only one weird looking volume to the Optimize Drives list but even two.

Check this out!

Before launching MSFS (all good)

What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like? [​IMG]

With MSFS running (2 weird looking volumes added to the list)

After MSFS has been closed (one of the weird looking volumes still left in the list)

After rebooting the PC (all back to normal with only proper drives seen in the list)

WebMaximus, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like?

1. What would your optimal disk drive configuration look like? - Similar Threads - optimal disk drive

2. It looks like your last message was interrupted? what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like your last message was interrupted? what should i do?: It looks like your last message was interrupted. this message always appear when i start using co-pilotplease fix it thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-looks-like-your-last-message-was-interrupted/1a91b516-9894-4eda-b8fc-d20559498137
  3. Would it be possible for Microsoft to work on optimizing an operating system like Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would it be possible for Microsoft to work on optimizing an operating system like Windows...: I know this would require modifying the interfaces as simply as possible, as well as removing all animations, graphics, components, and more. I suppose that to do this, several reports will have to be submitted so that Microsoft has the initiative to work on this. Windows 10...
  4. What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jolenebecomesreal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo18k9/what_does_your_default_apps_looks_like_mine_looks/
  5. Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen: Anyone else seen this before? [img] It's just seen in the Optimize Drives screen, not elsewhere as seen when checking out Disk Management for example [img] I'm on Version 10.0.19041.450 163142
  6. Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange looking volume in the Optimize Drives (Defrag) screen: Anyone else seen this before? [img] It's just seen in the Optimize Drives screen, not elsewhere as seen when checking out Disk Management for example [img] I'm on Version 10.0.19041.450 163142
  7. What does optimize disk do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does optimize disk do?: Optimize and TRIM With hard drives, Optimize will do a minor defrag or file system check; with SSDs it forces the TRIM command.. Trimming erases cells and blocks of NAND that no longer contain data, and consolidates data into fewer locations Ok but what does that mean? Is...
  8. optimizing hard disk drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    optimizing hard disk drive: I am able to optimize the windows (c) hard disk drive with the utility in the control panel. It does not work with the system hard disk drive which is 100% fragmented. Is this a problem and how do I fix it? I sometimes experience a momentary blue screen when computer exits...
  9. It looks like someone is using your account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It looks like someone is using your account: This is twice this year that this has happened to me. I wish I had never given Microsoft my phone number. Now, every time I change my mobile phone Microsoft blocks my Microsoft account. At the moment I am trying to recover the account but the first attempt was not...
  10. What does Drive Optimization mean?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does Drive Optimization mean?: I noticed under Drive Tools that both my drives are scheduled for Weekly Drive Optimization. I have a SSD, C:\, and a HDD, D:\. Defrag is not recommended for SSD's, but Drive Optimization isn't Defined. Does anybody know what Drive Optimization means in Win 10? 14616